fair warning to all high school students

Status
Not open for further replies.

mintleif

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i just thought i should warn you guys about some really mean people on these forums, especially sociopolitical. i'm not trolling, i'm being serious. i ventured where i probably shouldn't have and i had my head ripped off. this and pre-pharmacy are the only places i feel safe now lol. i know you're only supposed to take things on the internet with a grain of salt but that's just me i guess. has anyone here had their head ripped off in another forum? you would think that when you ask a question pre-med students/med students/ doctors etc would be a bit more kinder. and i'm not saying all are mean, but damn, i feel bad for the mean ones' patients/future patients.

Members don't see this ad.

Here's what I noticed in real life:

College pre-med students - Hate you
Medical Students - Don't mind you
Attending Physicians - Love you

SDN = mix of all three above. High schools students on SDN tend to be ... well

Here's what I noticed in real life:

College pre-med students - Hate you
Medical Students - Don't mind you
Attending Physicians - Love you

SDN = mix of all three above. High schools students on SDN tend to be ... well

ya. lol. high school students are what? lol. i just had to get my original rant off my chest. a whole mix of people were being mean and i'm a sensitive person so i kinda overreacted. lol

Members don't see this ad :)
It's the internet. People are not going to always be your friend. If you already find the sociopolitical forum bad, don't even think of going into the Lounge.

As a hSDN member, often the reason you'll get ripped is:
1. You're saying something stupid out of youthful inexperience, or
2. It's just plain and simple ageism and people hate you because you're younger even if you're saying something intelligent and inoffensive.

It's the internet. People are not going to always be your friend. If you already find the sociopolitical forum bad, don't even think of going into the Lounge.

As a hSDN member, often the reason you'll get ripped is:
1. You're saying something stupid out of youthful inexperience, or
2. It's just plain and simple ageism and people hate you because you're younger even if you're saying something intelligent and inoffensive.

ok. thanks. and i definitely do not plan on going into the lounge.

But this is part of the reason that makes the forum fun haha

But this is part of the reason that makes the forum fun haha

You must not have spent enough time on forums. If it's exposing how ridiculous, closed-minded, and backwards someone's opinions are and making them realize it, yes, it could be considered fun. If it's you being singled out as the pariah and having ten different users taking shots at insulting you, no it is not fun at all.

You put up a picture of a camel toe and asked people what it was. Your title should be fair warning to clueless people who wander into dangerous forums and ask silly questions. Has nothing to do with high school and everything to do with cluelessness.

Last edited:
Why would you start a thread about camel toes in the sociopolitical issues forum? You got exactly what you deserved for that one - nothing more.

You put up a picture of a camel toe and asked people what it was. Your title should be fair warning to clueless people who wander into dangerous forums and ask silly questions. Has nothing to do with high school and everything to do with cluelessness.

i asked it because it was in another thread in that forum and i had no idea what they were at the time. and it seemed that all at once everyone told me to GTFO. if someone would of just given me a straight-foreward answer in the original thread then i wouldn't of had to start that one and eventually this one.

i asked it because it was in another thread in that forum and i had no idea what they were at the time. and it seemed that all at once everyone told me to GTFO. if someone would of just given me a straight-foreward answer in the original thread then i wouldn't of had to start that one and eventually this one.

In SP, no one owes you a straight answer. You definitely wandered into the wrong forum. Posting a warning about it in hsdn is just drawing attention to yourself. If you are still high school student, then just a warning about going into the more 'adult' places.

lulz I might go and see what happened in the SP forum now.

Members don't see this ad :)

That's a great thread.

if i report my own thread will it get deleted since we can't delete our own?

Ok, I'd agree with others on this one: you were asking for it. That was probably the equivalent of wandering into the shady part of a city with a twenty dollar bill sticking out of your pocket. Then you made it worse in that thread by saying the reason you were clueless was because you have no friends and responding to people telling you to GTFO.

The ones that were the most confrontational are lounge regulars, so yeah.

if i report my own thread will it get deleted since we can't delete our own?

You can request for the thread to be closed, but they won't delete it. The only way to have your own threads deleted is to become a donor.

Why not just donate so you're able to delete? We know you aren't spending the money on dates, so I'm guessing you have some cash to burn.

sadly the truth.

Well, look at the bright side, you don't have to get it deleted. All you need to do is stop posting in that thread and don't go back to read it.

yeah i guess. still embarrassing though. i regret ever mentioning anything.

If you're curious about something, google it first. That will save you 90% of your trouble on any forum. Nothing angers/annoys/frustrates people like a question which could have been answered by typing in a couple keywords.

If you're curious about something, google it first. That will save you 90% of your trouble on any forum. Nothing angers/annoys/frustrates people like a question which could have been answered by typing in a couple keywords.

ya, i know. but the problem was a picture. i didn't know how to type up a picture and no one would give me a straight answer about the picture.

ya, i know. but the problem was a picture. i didn't know how to type up a picture and no one would give me a straight answer about the picture.

Wow I didn't even know there was a "sociopolitical" forum but go enjoy High School and don't worry about people being mean here. Easy to ignore them, close IE/Firefox/Safari window and bam!

Wow I didn't even know there was a "sociopolitical" forum but go enjoy High School and don't worry about people being mean here. Easy to ignore them, close IE/Firefox/Safari window and bam!
Lol yes exactly

sadly the truth.

yeah i guess. still embarrassing though. i regret ever mentioning anything.

Just to be mean to you :) do you know how to type in capital letters? It really isn't that hard.

yes, but why bother? it's online.

This is one of the reasons why high schoolers on here send me into a homicidal rage. They are in a professional forum and yet they refuse to show a little common decency and respect to their elders. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

This is one of the reasons why high schoolers on here send me into a homicidal rage. They are in a professional forum and yet they refuse to show a little common decency and respect to their elders. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I doubt this forum is professional.

Anyways, it's funny how this thread's direction drifted. Now Mintleif's being singled-out and berated.

how is not capitalizing disrespectful?

I doubt this forum is professional.

Anyways, it's funny how this thread's direction drifted. Now Mintleif's being singled-out and berated.

i don't find it funny :(. and i wish the berating would stop. but i guess i set myself up for it.

i just checked my thread and my Q's in the sociopolitical forum are gone so i'm assuming i've been banned. :D. atleast my Q's are gone.

EDIT: yep, i'm banned. but i don't know if it's just me or all HS students. before i was banned someone mentioned that he thought HS students were already banned.

Last edited:
At first when I read this I was thinking that "ok, I might have been one of the douchebags that just went off on you" for asking something. Then found out that your post was about camel toe.

You have noone to blame but yourself. Its like complaining that people make fun of you for wearing a tight pink hello kitty shirt and discussing the finer points of your latest conquest on everquest.

Now we know who hasn't been getting any. Lol. Poor Kid.+pity+

At first when I read this I was thinking that "ok, I might have been one of the douchebags that just went off on you" for asking something. Then found out that your post was about camel toe.

You have noone to blame but yourself. Its like complaining that people make fun of you for wearing a tight pink hello kitty shirt and discussing the finer points of your latest conquest on everquest.

ok. i get it. how many more people feel they need to tell me i'm an idiot? some people on here are just as bad as the bullies at school. you see i'm already down but you still feel the need to kick me.

Now we know who hasn't been getting any. Lol. Poor Kid.+pity+

tell me about it. i'm going to have to start finding some hookers. hateful parents, no friends, no girlfriends, no sex. very unhappy life :(.

EDIT: actually, i might just have to forget the hookers and try playing for the other team. might get more luck that way.

Last edited:
i just checked my thread and my Q's in the sociopolitical forum are gone so i'm assuming i've been banned. :D. atleast my Q's are gone.

EDIT: yep, i'm banned. but i don't know if it's just me or all HS students. before i was banned someone mentioned that he thought HS students were already banned.

I still see your thread in there. I doubt you or hSDN students are banned...

Status
Not open for further replies.