georgia_boy1

5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2014
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Hi all,

So after completing the TPR online course, I decided to delay my MCAT date because I was not scoring where I wanted to (510-512) and simply did not have enough time to practice. I have essentially covered all of the content and am now in the "practice phase" which will be approx 15 hours a week until I take the test in January. My current plan is as follows:

September: Complete all AAMC question packs, review necessary content, and take 2 NS practice tests
October/November: Complete and review AAMC Section Banks, NS practice test every 2 weeks
December/January: Take AAMC FL 1 in December, Practice/Review more content, Take AAMC FL 2 in January

Any advice on my schedule/resources would be greatly appreciated!

OP
G

georgia_boy1

5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2014
Status
Sorry to bump this but just wanted to get some confirmation or advice on what to change up?

eljefemdfuturo

2+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
What were your TPR scores? They're notoriously deflated (my real MCAT was 10 points higher than what I was averaging with TPR)

About the Ads
OP
G

georgia_boy1

5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2014
Status
What were your TPR scores? They're notoriously deflated (my real MCAT was 10 points higher than what I was averaging with TPR)
This was the progression of my test scores in order: AAMC FL 1: 497 (prior to prep), TPR Course 1: 497, TPR Course 2: 495. I then took a free NS full length at the end of my 2 months of content review and scored 502. However, there is some discrepancy with the 502 because I couldn't highlight at all during the test for some reason so that would've been a couple points higher.

eljefemdfuturo

2+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2017
Status
Pre-Medical
Ok. What I did was take a TPR exam every week just to get used to sitting and taking that exam (which I think is 1/3 of the battle). I saved the 3 AAMC FL's until the end so I could get used to them and how the questions are worded. This worked well for me, but if I were you I think the best thing you could do is just get as much practice as you can with full lengths and AAMC material

OP
G

georgia_boy1

5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2014
Status
How many times would you recommend taking the AAMC FL?

Zenabi90

2+ Year Member
Jul 14, 2017
Status
Medical Student
How many times would you recommend taking the AAMC FL?

Once each. If you review them properly after taking them, taking them more than once is a waste of time. That's why many save them for the endgame.

OP
G

georgia_boy1

5+ Year Member
Feb 27, 2014
Status
Once each. If you review them properly after taking them, taking them more than once is a waste of time. That's why many save them for the endgame.
That's what I thought. Is one time through the SB sufficient?

About the Ads