Fall Schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted407021

Hey,

I just want some opinions on my course load. I'll be going into my 3rd full semester in the fall and I'll be taking:

Genetics (no lab :D)

Evolution and Ecology (opens up a lot of other courses)

Introduction to Sustainability (for my concentration)

O Chem + lab

Intro to Psychology (new MCAT stuff of course)

Total: 16 hrs

I plan to take the 2015 MCAT so I will take physics this time next year. Thanks for the input!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
This looks doable. Though I don't know how hard genetics is at your school. If it's manageable with O chem then by all means pursue...I do know at some schools it would be quite difficult to take organic chemistry along with genetics simultaneously...I'd just talk to upperclassmen to find out the work load/assignments etc.

Okay! I was, in part wondering if the schedule would be perceived as challenging intellectually, as I know admissions look for that. Thanks!

_Obbie

Okay! I was, in part wondering if the schedule would be perceived as challenging intellectually, as I know admissions look for that. Thanks!

_Obbie

Until you are sure that you will pull straight A's (or very very close) while managing meaningful extracurricular activities, I wouldn't worry about having an "intellectually challenging" schedule. Yes, this does matter, but much much less than your GPA and what you do outside the classroom.