Family Medicine Inservice Exams

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedicineMan99

Family Medicine Attending (DO)
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where the exams for the national FM inservice exams are located for the past few years? I know they are posted on the web, I just haven't been able to find them.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know where the exams for the national FM inservice exams are located for the past few years? I know they are posted on the web, I just haven't been able to find them.

Thanks!

your FM residency program should give you access to your ABFM online account where you can access the old exams.

They are all online, but you have to get your abfm login. You'll need it for boards registration anyway.

I am an intern. I don't know where to find my ABFM log-in and I don't have time at the moment because the inservice exam is Friday. Can anyone email me the PDFs of exams in 2008 and prior?

Thank you!

I am an intern. I don't know where to find my ABFM log-in and I don't have time at the moment because the inservice exam is Friday. Can anyone email me the PDFs of exams in 2008 and prior?

Thank you!

sorry didn't see your replies till now. i really recommend not killing yourself with your first in-service exam. our program stressed that the most important thing is that your score improves over the 3 years. secondary importance would be getting good grades (from not cramming) in order to assess yourself for passing the boards. then studying your weak areas over the year.

plus, 2 years of exam materials is a lot of studying, trust me! good luck!

sorry didn't see your replies till now. i really recommend not killing yourself with your first in-service exam. our program stressed that the most important thing is that your score improves over the 3 years. secondary importance would be getting good grades (from not cramming) in order to assess yourself for passing the boards. then studying your weak areas over the year.

plus, 2 years of exam materials is a lot of studying, trust me! good luck!

Currently an intern... we were told to look over old exams if we want but not to stress. Most have actually recommended not studying to get a better baseline for areas to improve over the next year. Personally, there's way too many other things going on right now to worry about studying for this. The exam will actually be a nice break from wandering the wards.

how do you guys feel about the test, I think it was fair but felt like I was taking step 1 or 2 since some questions were like the steps or like medical trivia and did stupid mistakes like always.....:oops:

HI All,

Quick Question:
How do I know if I am ready for the boards? I have been doing questions from AAFP and ore content, but there is no guideline like there was for the Steps...
When I took the steps, I was told that if I scored above a 60% on USMLE world i was good to take the exam.

Anything like that for the boards?