Family Medicine Programs that PAY for flights

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FamilyMedDoctor

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! I'm applying to family medicine residencies.I'm trying to stay close by because I can't afford to pay for flights. All mine have paid for a hotel the night before the interview, but has anyone received an invite from a family medicine program that will pay for their flight???

Members don't see this ad.

Not one of the many where I interviewed. I think this is quite rare. I intentionally limited my apps to a 6-hr driving radius since my funds were very tight during interview season.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey! I'm applying to family medicine residencies.I'm trying to stay close by because I can't afford to pay for flights. All mine have paid for a hotel the night before the interview, but has anyone received an invite from a family medicine program that will pay for their flight???
Alaska FMR paid for my flight to come interview..its an awesome program too...it prob would've been my first choice if I could have gone to a civilian program

Alaska FMR is the only program I know of that does that. Interview season can definitely be expensive - if there are places you really want to visit for interviews and just can't come up with the cash, you can consider applying for Residency & Relocation loans which are private loans in addition to any school loans that can help cover your expenses.

Union Family Medicine Residency in Terre Haute Indiana reimbursed me for driving mileage. That was pretty nice.