Family Planning Clinics

Started by Sarah0
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Sarah0

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Since we don't have family planning clinics in the country I live, I was curious what kind of doctors work in these clinics, in particular the family planning clinics in the UK. Are they GP's, Gynaecologists or perhaps GUM specialists?

I found out that the services they provide are: confidential advice about contraception, the combined oral contraceptive pill, the progestogen-only pill, progestogen injections, limited supplies of free condoms, free emergency contraception, confidential advice about STIs, cervical screening, unplanned pregnancy advice, free pregnancy tests, pre-conception advice and fertility awareness information, and fitting and checking of caps, diaphragms, and coils (intrauterine devices, or IUDs).

It sounds very interesting to me, so that's why I was wondering. If you know anything about it, please let me know. Thanks.
 
Since we don't have family planning clinics in the country I live, I was curious what kind of doctors work in these clinics, in particular the family planning clinics in the UK. Are they GP's, Gynaecologists or perhaps GUM specialists?

I found out that the services they provide are: confidential advice about contraception, the combined oral contraceptive pill, the progestogen-only pill, progestogen injections, limited supplies of free condoms, free emergency contraception, confidential advice about STIs, cervical screening, unplanned pregnancy advice, free pregnancy tests, pre-conception advice and fertility awareness information, and fitting and checking of caps, diaphragms, and coils (intrauterine devices, or IUDs).

It sounds very interesting to me, so that's why I was wondering. If you know anything about it, please let me know. Thanks.

The providers I work with at Planned Parenthood cover several specialities: Family Practice, General Med, and OB/Gyn and also Women's Health NPs, nurse midwives, etc.