Family practice and research

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bucksfascia

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello; I also posted a question about this in the research forum, but I thought perhaps it might also help to ask family practitioners directly.

I'm a medical student interested in doing a research study. I am not in an MD/PhD program but I am interested in eventually applying for residency in general practice. I was wondering if anyone knew if there's some kind of research field that would look particularly good for general practice?

Did anyone here do research in med school, and if so then I was wondering if you could tell me a little about it so I can get an idea of what I might want to do?

thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad.

I have yet to see a family medicine program that cares about research. Until two years ago, it was not even a requirement. You can tell I feel very strongly about the subject because it's how you keep the specialty on the cutting edge. If you are not improving and expanding on your style of practice through evidence based research then you are just.... an experienced mid level? :idea: