Famu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

endlesslove

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is PCAT required?? I think no, but I could not find a definite answer at their website. What was further frustrating was the fact that I could not locate an email address to ask them this question.

Anyone know for certain?? is it a good school??
 
endlesslove said:
is PCAT required?? I think no, but I could not find a definite answer at their website. What was further frustrating was the fact that I could not locate an email address to ask them this question.

Anyone know for certain?? is it a good school??

Last year they didn't require it if I recall correctly. As for the second question...well...I was planning on moving to South Dakota for pharmschool if I didn't get into UF even though FAMU was just around the corner.
 
endlesslove said:
is PCAT required?? I think no, but I could not find a definite answer at their website. What was further frustrating was the fact that I could not locate an email address to ask them this question.

Anyone know for certain?? is it a good school??

They don't require the PCAT. You also won't find stats for their average incoming GPA. Probably because it is a 6 year school and most students start there right after high school. I had them send me an info packet a couple of years ago and I compared their courses to other schools in the state. I decided not to apply there.

I've not been impressed with the students that I have met, either. For instance, at last year's MRM they proposed that all drug testing should eliminate testing a placebo along side the drug in question.