FAP

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nimaj

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello there, I am applying this cycle and I submitted my FAP application on June 2nd ( the first day). But I never heard from them at all. Even they did not respond to my email. I scheduled my DAT on August 29th but my application is complete now. What should I do now? should I wait for their response or it is getting late and I have to submit my application ASAP ?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello there, I am applying this cycle and I submitted my FAP application on June 2nd ( the first day). But I never heard from them at all. Even they did not respond to my email. I scheduled my DAT on August 29th but my application is complete now. What should I do now? should I wait for their response or it is getting late and I have to submit my application ASAP ?

The FAP process is an extremely long process. The paperwork and requirements are pretty intense and heaven forbid you have had any surgeries, asthma, counseling or any other major medical issue as the process of getting a medical waiver is the first step before the application submission ever begins. I'm currently at the credentialing stage which requires doing a deep dive into your filing cabinet and interviews with current Navy physicians. I've received medical clearance and security clearance (127 page document that can be done in roughly 10 hours if you work uninterrupted). My recruiter is hoping to have my application submitted to the review board by the end of the month. We are only waiting on a few documents from my program director. Did I mention I began this process in early June?

You need to contact the recruiting office that is closest to you and make an appointment with the medical officer recruiter. My wife has been handling this process for me, otherwise this would never get done due to my current 80+ hour work week, and she speaks with our recruiter almost daily during this process.

Good luck! I'm happy to answer any questions.