1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

FAQ revision - input needed

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by bananaface, Dec 15, 2005.

1. bananaface

bananaface Pharmacy Supernerd
    Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Ok. So I have kind of sucked at updating the Pharmacy FAQ. You know, the one for current students and not pre-pharms. :p So, what I am going to do from now on is try to add one topic per week. Please let me know what you would find helpful. It doesn't really have to be a question asked frequently. It can just be something that would make the site a better resource.

I want to add a section on PDA programs for pharmacy, questions to ask about a job before you take it, and maybe something on what national organizations have branches at various schools. I'll let you all take it from here. :)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. pharmagirl

5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I know its going to be a while for some of us, but I'd like to see a FAQ about the NAPLEX (and law exams for some states). Just some basic information type stuff.

The PDA programs is a great idea! That will be really helpful.

4. bananaface

Pharmacist Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    I will put that on my list.

Feel free to mention residency related topics too. We are going to build that FAQ in the near future. :)

5. ultracet

ultracet 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

maybe just a general overview of each organization and acronym and such...
    i'm sure you could talk some people who are involved in them to write a blurb about what they are....

on the residency one...
    what is a residency
    what specialities are available
    why bother
    etc

6. bananaface

Pharmacist
    Ok so for the organizations what should be included? I think there are some frats out there that my school doesn't have. Here is a short list. I'll add anything anyone else wants too.

APhA, ASHP, NCPA, IPSF, Kappa Psi, Rho Chi, Lambda Kappa Sigma...

7. ultracet

ultracet 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Kappa Epsilon
    Phi Lambda Sigma
    AMCP
    CPF
    SnPhA

but dont waste your time with PDC... they're not worth the space ;)

8. WSU2007

WSU2007 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Pharmacy reltaed organizations is a great idea. I have attached a word document that contains a list with acronym, full name and brief desrciption. this list was compliments of a first year proffesor. Some of the organizations are for pharmacists in Michigan, you could ignore these or creat a Michigan folder or subfolder. Hope this helps (hope the attachment works, first time attaching files).

Attached Files:

9. bananaface

Pharmacist
    Cool. I think what I am going to do is write up a section for the organizations students might participate in, and another for ones they may not belong to but should be aware of.

10. WSU2007

WSU2007 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Good idea. Keep in mind (something I am learning lately here) that many of those organizations have student memberships with reduced fees. What the benefits are I'm not sure. For example I just discovered that NCDS has a student membership rate and some benefits but the value of the benfits are unclear I am looking inot joining.

11. bananaface

Pharmacist