FAQ revision - input needed

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bananaface

Pharmacy Supernerd
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok. So I have kind of sucked at updating the Pharmacy FAQ. You know, the one for current students and not pre-pharms. :p So, what I am going to do from now on is try to add one topic per week. Please let me know what you would find helpful. It doesn't really have to be a question asked frequently. It can just be something that would make the site a better resource.

I want to add a section on PDA programs for pharmacy, questions to ask about a job before you take it, and maybe something on what national organizations have branches at various schools. I'll let you all take it from here. :)

Members don't see this ad.

I know its going to be a while for some of us, but I'd like to see a FAQ about the NAPLEX (and law exams for some states). Just some basic information type stuff.

The PDA programs is a great idea! That will be really helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
maybe just a general overview of each organization and acronym and such...
i'm sure you could talk some people who are involved in them to write a blurb about what they are....

on the residency one...
what is a residency
what specialities are available
why bother
etc

Ok so for the organizations what should be included? I think there are some frats out there that my school doesn't have. Here is a short list. I'll add anything anyone else wants too.

APhA, ASHP, NCPA, IPSF, Kappa Psi, Rho Chi, Lambda Kappa Sigma...

Kappa Epsilon
Phi Lambda Sigma
AMCP
CPF
SnPhA

but dont waste your time with PDC... they're not worth the space ;)

Pharmacy reltaed organizations is a great idea. I have attached a word document that contains a list with acronym, full name and brief desrciption. this list was compliments of a first year proffesor. Some of the organizations are for pharmacists in Michigan, you could ignore these or creat a Michigan folder or subfolder. Hope this helps (hope the attachment works, first time attaching files).

Attachments

• PHARMORG.doc
    33 KB · Views: 112
Good idea. Keep in mind (something I am learning lately here) that many of those organizations have student memberships with reduced fees. What the benefits are I'm not sure. For example I just discovered that NCDS has a student membership rate and some benefits but the value of the benfits are unclear I am looking inot joining.

bananaface said:
Cool. I think what I am going to do is write up a section for the organizations students might participate in, and another for ones they may not belong to but should be aware of.