FAQ: What are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You're right, it's actually 93%. If those people didn't match, it wasn't because of their scores...
I think a mix of applying regionally and or only targeting the top 50 or so programs

Members don't see this ad.

I think a mix of applying regionally and or only targeting the top 50 or so programs
or they were not honest with their scores. There were 19 people with over 251-260 step 2 scores (irrespective to step 1 above 240) nationwide that didnt match DR. Statistically it is highly unlikely that several of the 19 were from your university.

or they were not honest with their scores. There were 19 people with over 251-260 step 2 scores (irrespective to step 1 above 240) nationwide that didnt match DR. Statistically it is highly unlikely that several of the 19 were from your university.
do you think it came down to the interviews? I mean why else would someone with competitive scores not match?

Members don't see this ad :)
It’s a low tier MD school so maybe that played into it. Also I think their scores maybe ranged from like 235-255. No radiology research.

If you look at threads on here from this past match, it seems like many DOs and 1-2 MDs with good scores didn’t get many interviews either. From what I’ve heard, it’s harder for IMGs than DOs but maybe this is location dependent (NYC in particular seems to take IMG more than DO.) Not saying it to discourage you, just wanted to make sure you had a backup which it appears you do.

It’s a low tier MD school so maybe that played into it. Also I think their scores maybe ranged from like 235-255. No radiology research.

If you look at threads on here from this past match, it seems like many DOs and 1-2 MDs with good scores didn’t get many interviews either. From what I’ve heard, it’s harder for IMGs than DOs but maybe this is location dependent (NYC in particular seems to take IMG more than DO.) Not saying it to discourage you, just wanted to make sure you had a backup which it appears you do.
I appreciate it! I know, hopefully It works out!

Reactions: 1 user
Some stats about this cycle so far
  • Increase of applicants from 1712 in 2020, to 2087 in 2022, to 2310 in 2023.
  • Shakeup of 6 Signals / 3 Geo-preferences
  • Around 70% of programs have released their first-wave of interviews
Informal poll was asked on the radiology discord 2 days ago. The discord skews towards stronger applicants, and poll has response bias:
1666355309808.png

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all, planning to apply this next cycle. Wanted to gauge what my chances look like. Thanks in advance!

Current Status: MS3
School: T20 US MD
Step 1: Pass
Step 2: TBD
Pre-clinical: P/F
Clinical grades: Mix of HP/H (H in Psych and OB/GYN, HP Peds/IM/Surg)
Class Ranking: TBD
AOA: Probably not
Research:
10+ Publications/Abstracts/Posters
- One first author paper in radiology
- One first author case series in IR
- One first author papers outside of radiology
- Other middle authorship paper outside of radiology
- Other ongoing projects that may yield 1-2 publications by the time I apply, not in radiology
- One poster at radiology conference
- Other posters/abstracts outside of radiology
EC’s:
Many leadership positions including interest group leadership, leadership in service groups, and leadership in my medical school.

LORs:
Will likely have decent letters in radiology, medicine, and pediatrics

Mostly concerned about my third year grades. High passed the rotations I did because of missing the shelf cutoff by 1-2 points. Otherwise, MSPE comments and evals were all positive.

Like Quote Reply

Hi all, planning to apply this next cycle. Wanted to gauge what my chances look like. Thanks in advance!

Research:
- Other ongoing projects that may yield 1-2 publications by the time I apply, not in radiology
EC’s:
Many leadership positions including interest group leadership, leadership in service groups, and leadership in my medical school.

LORs:

Mostly concerned about my third year grades. High passed the rotations I did because of missing the shelf cutoff by 1-2 points. Otherwise, MSPE comments and evals were all positive.

Like Quote Reply
Get good psych LOR(s) and do average or better on Step 2 and you'll match top 20.

Research:
EC’s:

LORs:

Like Quote Reply
You will be fine. Can match anywhere with good letters. maybe not USCF and the like

Likely to match with the research esp if you can network with your home program, take Step 2 and try to crush it and that will be your ticket. Mention the AOA nomination too which will help, not sure if selection will be complete by the time you apply.

Hello all, planning to apply to IR but decided very very late about this, deciding if I should apply this year or take a research year for lack of IR-specific research

Clinical grades: H in 5/7 clerkships including surg; HP in the other 2 including IM
Class Ranking: unknown
AOA: unlikely?
Research:
- two 4th author papers in translational cancer (not IR but is imaging related), 1 of which is very high impact from before med school
- 1 first author paper in translational cancer (imaging related but not IR also) from before med school
- 1 4th author review article (not in IR/rads) from before med school
- should have 2-3 more translational papers from work I did in med school but they are mostly onc related, only 1 is imaging related
- 1 poster presentation not in IR but unsure if it counts since it was at my medical school (not a national conference etc.)
- 5-7 abstracts presented at conferences involving work I have done but not presented by me (unsure if this counts)
- working on a couple of IR projects but not sure if they will be published in time for applying this year
EC’s:
a couple of strong leadership positions
LORs:
no letter writers so far besides my research mentor in a translational lab (not IR related)

You're probably okay as long as you do solid on Step 2, especially coming from a T20 school. Sell the cancer stuff with IO and see if you can network with your IR division. An IR letter will help a lot as its a smaller field. I don't think a research year will be necessary as long as you do decent on Step 2 and can speak about your late IR choice. DR -> ESIR is less competitive these days too.

Members don't see this ad :)
Current Status: MS4
School: T10 US MD
Step 1: 260+
Step 2: 245
Pre-clinical
: P/F
Clinical grades: P/F (due to COVID)
Class Ranking: N/A
AOA: No
Research:
20+ Publications (even more abstracts/posters)
10+ First author publications
- Lots of research experience including in radiology

EC’s:
Average

LORs:
Will have very strong letters, including two from radiologists (One IR and one DR).

*I applied for a surgical sub specialty and I have a gut feeling that I won't match. I have always been interested in IR and DR (more so IR), but opted for the surgical sub. If I don't match, I want to try to delay graduation and reapply to only IR/DR. Will the drop on Step 2 kill my application? Should I do away rotations? Would appreciate any advice on how to maximize chances of matching.

Last edited:
Current Status: MS4
Step 1: 260+
Step 2: 245
Pre-clinical
Clinical grades: P/F (due to COVID)
Class Ranking: N/A
Research:
20+ Publications (even more abstracts/posters)
10+ First author publications
- Lots of research experience including in radiology

EC’s:
Average

LORs:
Will have very strong letters, including two from radiologists (One IR and one DR).

*I applied for a surgical sub specialty and I have a gut feeling that I won't match. I have always been interested in IR and DR (more so IR), but opted for the surgical sub. If I don't match, I want to try to delay graduation and reapply to only IR/DR. Will the drop on Step 2 kill my application? Should I do away rotations? Would appreciate any advice on how to maximize chances of matching.
Lolz what? 10+ first author pubs with decent step scores and T10 school is not good enough for the surgical sub???

I don't know about IR, but you will match into a top DR program. I know at least one current resident in a top DR program who switched from a surgical sub to DR with almost all of their research in the surgical sub. Even if you snag a DR spot instead of an IR spot, you can always do an independent IR residency afterwards (not as competitive as before).

So to answer your questions:
1. Your drop in Step 2 is no biggie.
2. No need to do away rotations. Do rotations in your home program and get solid LoRs.

Lolz what? 10+ first author pubs with decent step scores and T10 school is not good enough for the surgical sub???

I don't know about IR, but you will match into a top DR program. I know at least one current resident in a top DR program who switched from a surgical sub to DR with almost all of their research in the surgical sub. Even if you snag a DR spot instead of an IR spot, you can always do an independent IR residency afterwards (not as competitive as before).

So to answer your questions:
1. Your drop in Step 2 is no biggie.
2. No need to do away rotations. Do rotations in your home program and get solid LoRs.

Thanks so much for the response, and lol I know - surgical sub match is absolutely wild and I've really hated this whole process. Didn't get too many interviews so actively preparing the plan if I don't match. I love the surgical sub but felt much more appreciated/at home when working with my radiology research mentors and I could be just as happy doing IR/DR. Its really reassuring to hear that I might be competitive for DR programs. If anybody else has insight I'd appreciate it.

Hi all, planning to apply DR this upcoming cycle, any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Current Status: MS3 -> MS4
School: Low-mid tier USMD, Midwest
Step 2: 260-265
Pre-clinical: P
Clinical grades: P in FM, mix of mostly HP, some H in rest
Class Ranking: second quartile
Research:
- 6 peer-reviewed publications, 2 radiology-related (1 first-author)
- 1 non-peer-reviewed preprint, radiology-related
- 2 abstract-only radiology publications, also presented as posters (1 first-author)
- 7 other poster presentations at various conferences, 1 radiology-related
- Hoping to have an RSNA abstract accepted, and ideally 1 or 2 more radiology papers accepted by ERAS submission
EC’s:
- 5 leadership/volunteer positions for various clubs
LORs:
One decent letter from an IM PD, strong letter from radiology research PI, hoping to get one more clinical and radiology letter from electives/subI

I am from the West Coast and I am hoping to match DR programs in California, my weaknesses are medical school rank and average clinical grades. Also do not have any aways lined up. Do I have a good shot still? Especially since last cycle for DR was a record bloodbath.

Last edited:
Going to apply DR/IR and see what happens. Wondering what my chances are thus far, I know it's a rough competition but I love this speciality.

School: Mid-tier Northeast MD School
Step 2: Pending taking it. I think probably roughly 245-250
Pre-clinical: Passed everything in the top 25% of my class
Clinical grades: P in FM, HP in surgery, peds, OB, H in Medicine Neuro and Psych
Class Ranking: top 50%
AOA: nominated, didn't get it
Research:
- 1 pub first author in Ortho
- 1 in print first author in IR
- 4 abstracts, posters and presentations in IR
- 2 abstracts, posters and presentations in ortho

EC’s:
- 2 leadership positions in clubs, 3 good longitudinal volunteering gigs, worked and developed much of a small Fintech company.
-competed in some athletic competitions
LORs:
One strong letter from Ortho PI
One strong letter from IR PI
One good IM letter
Hopefully a solid Rads letter after some electives

School: T50 MD
Step 2: 265-270
Pre-clinical: did not honor - just passed everything
Clinical grades: P in OB, HP half and H the other half
Class Ranking: don’t know
Research:
- 1 radiology abstract submitted / pending. Everything else below is non-rads
- 2 peer-reviewed publications (both 1st author)
- 4 non rads abstracts (2 of the 4 are submitted / pending)
- 4 posters non rads

EC’s:
- 8 leadership/volunteer positions for various clubs/free clinics
- 5 teaching/tutoring
- 1 rads related job to
LORs:
Strong from rads mentor, was previously a PD, 1 strong from IM research mentor, need to ask for the 3rd probably from sub-I

Nervous about how competitive things have been getting. I know I have a good shot at my home program. Just wondering what my chances are with some of the more competitive programs.
I think when people say radiology is getting more competitive they’re talking about applicants like you. Looks excellent on paper.

I think when people say radiology is getting more competitive they’re talking about applicants like you. Looks excellent on paper.
Yeah this person is the reason slackers like me are going to go unmatched this year damn. The only "weakness" (and not even a real weakness) is not coming from a T10-20 if OP is going for the tippy top programs. But I'd guess they'd take a 267 with multiple first author pubs over someone from a T10 with a 250 and no pubs, though I have nothing to back that

Last edited:
Thanks so much for the response, and lol I know - surgical sub match is absolutely wild and I've really hated this whole process. Didn't get too many interviews so actively preparing the plan if I don't match. I love the surgical sub but felt much more appreciated/at home when working with my radiology research mentors and I could be just as happy doing IR/DR. Its really reassuring to hear that I might be competitive for DR programs. If anybody else has insight I'd appreciate it.
Did you match?

Yeah this person is the reason slackers like me are going to go unmatched this year damn. The only "weakness" (and not even a real weakness) is not coming from a T10-20 if OP is going for the tippy top programs. But I'd guess they'd take a 267 with multiple first author pubs over someone from a T10 with a 250 and no pubs, though I have nothing to back that
You’d be surprised. Pedigree is king to any program, by far. And the reason for that is because your pedigree is listed on the residency site, which applicants use to guide their impression of how competitive that program is. The more high-pedigree people on their site, the more competitive their program is interpreted as, the more high-pedigree people they will get in the future.

Programs really only care about board scores because it informs the likelihood they won’t pass the core, which is a pain in the butt for everyone. Radiology is generally less interested in research as well, as even academic places are increasingly inching towards the private practice model. No one likes the Uber-productive researcher anymore, whose salary is higher than their productivity.

You’d be surprised. Pedigree is king to any program, by far. And the reason for that is because your pedigree is listed on the residency site, which applicants use to guide their impression of how competitive that program is. The more high-pedigree people on their site, the more competitive their program is interpreted as, the more high-pedigree people they will get in the future.

Programs really only care about board scores because it informs the likelihood they won’t pass the core, which is a pain in the butt for everyone. Radiology is generally less interested in research as well, as even academic places are increasingly inching towards the private practice model. No one likes the Uber-productive researcher anymore, whose salary is higher than their productivity.
That makes a lot of sense...a PD on here gave the same reason for why he/she doesn't rank DO's highly. Not surprising it applies at the top level too

Hi everyone,

My situation may be a little different than most in this forum but looking for some advice for this upcoming cycle.

I applied to orthopaedic surgery this past cycle and did not match. I will be completing a surgical prelim year at my home institution. Reflecting on why I did not match, I did not feel enthusiastic for ortho during my sub-Is. I received good feedback, but I don't think I went above and beyond like other sub-Is and got lost in the crowd. Completed a radiology rotation during and right after the match and thought that if i did it earlier, I would have originally applied radiology.

Stats:
Step 1: 262
Step 2: 269
Clinicals: 6/7 Honors
AOA
5 papers, one involving neuroimaging research from undergrad. The rest is about artifical intelligence and surgery.
17 posters/presentations.
1 ACR Case In Point that was just accepted.
I also joined as a member of the RSNA, ACR, and AUR.

Any advice/tips for the upcoming cycle? I am sure I will be asked in interviews why I did not match. I also want my application to scream radiology and not give any hints of dual applying (I'm applying only radiology).

Thank you!

Hi everyone,

My situation may be a little different than most in this forum but looking for some advice for this upcoming cycle.

I applied to orthopaedic surgery this past cycle and did not match. I will be completing a surgical prelim year at my home institution. Reflecting on why I did not match, I did not feel enthusiastic for ortho during my sub-Is. I received good feedback, but I don't think I went above and beyond like other sub-Is and got lost in the crowd. Completed a radiology rotation during and right after the match and thought that if i did it earlier, I would have originally applied radiology.

Stats:
AOA
5 papers, one involving neuroimaging research from undergrad. The rest is about artifical intelligence and surgery.

Any advice/tips for the upcoming cycle? I am sure I will be asked in interviews why I did not match. I also want my application to scream radiology and not give any hints of dual applying (I'm applying only radiology).

Thank you!
Seems like it would have been a strong app for ortho on paper, what tier of school are you at? Do you suspect you got a bad letter?

Hi everyone,

Stats:
AOA

Thank you!
Who's going to write your letters this cycle? If your home radiology department is supporting your app and going to write you a good letter you should be good to go. Focus your personal statement on why you want to do radiology. It's fine to mention ortho if you feel it helps tell your story or why you're interested in msk radiology or something like that, but I wouldn't dwell on it. If people want to know they can ask you in interviews. You have a strong application so you should be fine. People switch from surgical fields to radiology all the time.

Hi Everyone, late MS3 here that recently decided to pursue Radiology. I would appreciate any feedback or comments on my current application. Thank you!

Year: Late MS3
School: T20 MD
Step 1: 24X
Step 2: 26X
Grades: Full P/F Curriculum without rank, did receive AOA
Research:
10 peer-reviewed journal articles in top to middle-tier journals, multiple patents and book chapters, > 30 overall publications including national conference presentations
Awards: National research award, multiple awards from national conference presentations
ECs: President of multiple organizations, including a non-profit
LORs: 2 from radiologists, 1 from IM preceptor

Hi Everyone, late MS3 here that recently decided to pursue Radiology. I would appreciate any feedback or comments on my current application. Thank you!

Research:
10 peer-reviewed journal articles in top to middle-tier journals, multiple patents and book chapters, > 30 overall publications including national conference presentations
Awards: National research award, multiple awards from national conference presentations
Obviously you will match

Research:
You will match. Odds very good for T20

Research:
Lol you're probably going to be one of the best applicants in the entire cycle. You will match wherever you want.

Who's going to write your letters this cycle? If your home radiology department is supporting your app and going to write you a good letter you should be good to go. Focus your personal statement on why you want to do radiology. It's fine to mention ortho if you feel it helps tell your story or why you're interested in msk radiology or something like that, but I wouldn't dwell on it. If people want to know they can ask you in interviews. You have a strong application so you should be fine. People switch from surgical fields to radiology all the time.
1 letter from FM clerkship, so far 2 radiology attendings at my home department have offered, and 1 will be from my prelim PD. They have been supportive of me applying. Thanks for the advice!

Year: Rising MS4
School: DO (no home program)
Step 1: P
Step 2: 25X
Grades: Definitely top 50% of class, maybe 25%. SSP if that matters (SSP)
Research: 2 first author Rad pubs, 1 third author Rad pubs, 6 unrelated basic science pubs from undergrad
Awards: A few merit scholarships, school research day award
ECs: heavily involved in tutoring, simulation department, National Rads committee, healthcare career prior to med school
LORs: 2 Rads, 1 surg, 1 FM, 1 IM

What are my chances? Planning on applying broadly. Ideally match in southeast/south. Strong connections to southeast & Midwest. Don’t mind living in a rural location + community hospital. Will be doing 3 aways.

Year: Rising MS4
School: DO (no home program)
Step 1: P
Step 2: 25X
Grades: Definitely top 50% of class, maybe 25%. SSP if that matters (SSP)
Research: 2 first author Rad pubs, 1 third author Rad pubs, 6 unrelated basic science pubs from undergrad
Awards: A few merit scholarships, school research day award
ECs: heavily involved in tutoring, simulation department, National Rads committee, healthcare career prior to med school
LORs: 2 Rads, 1 surg, 1 FM, 1 IM

What are my chances? Planning on applying broadly. Ideally match in southeast/south. Strong connections to southeast & Midwest. Don’t mind living in a rural location + community hospital. Will be doing 3 aways.
Probably need a backup specialty as well given that pedigree seems to be mattering more in rads with the uptick in competitiveness

I did this with my FM letter.

I applied IR, DR, and IM, so when I had a FM preceptor I really vibed with, I had her write me a generic letter. So I used that one for all three. I got multiple comments this interview season on having great letters for both my rads and IM apps, so I don't think anyone had a problem with my generic letter. I really wouldn't have more than letter be generic, though.
Can I message you about triple applying?

Hi all decided to switch from IM to DR quite late so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Step 2: 240 (based on the score predictor)
Pre-clinical
Clinical grades: 1H in OBGYN, 2HP, 2P in Psych and FM
Class Ranking: 4th quartile
AOA: nope
Research:
10+ Publications/Abstracts/Posters: Most of my research is about applications of AI in medicine. Not sure if it is a good hook for Rads.

EC’s:
Host of a medical AI journal club
Ad hoc reviewer for a journal about medical AI

LORs:
Will likely have decent letters in radiology, and neurology
Will have a strong letter from a research mentor and IM attending

What would be my chance to match at programs in CA (ideally), WA, or NYC? My partner has some regional restrictions because of her job but if I have to go somewhere else, we will try to it work.

Hi all decided to switch from IM to DR quite late so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Step 2: 240 (based on the score predictor)
Pre-clinical
Clinical grades: 1H in OBGYN, 2HP, 2P in Psych and FM
Class Ranking: 4th quartile
AOA: nope
Research:
10+ Publications/Abstracts/Posters: Most of my research is about applications of AI in medicine. Not sure if it is a good hook for Rads.

EC’s:
Host of a medical AI journal club
Ad hoc reviewer for a journal about medical AI

LORs:
Will likely have decent letters in radiology, and neurology
Will have a strong letter from a research mentor and IM attending

What would be my chance to match at programs in CA (ideally), WA, or NYC? My partner has some regional restrictions because of her job but if I have to go somewhere else, we will try to it work.
bro u go to a T10 USMD when is the last year your school has had <100% match rate in all seriousness?

You had a good point. I was just afraid because of my low step 2 and clinical grade :(
I would definitely meet with your rads specific advisor and try to talk to people from your program who matched rads last year, particularly about how to signal. Your specific interest in CA and Washington will be tough even with a top ten on your resume with a low step. NYC has more range of programs that you should def match but you need to be realistic and strategic about where you use your signals. If it’s not too late try to do an away at a program in your range.

Overall you are still in fantastic shape and it sounds like aside from scores you have an excellent application. But you are interested in some of the most competitive parts of the country in a competitive specialty so get good advisors on board early. Best of luck!

Current Status: Completed MS3 on a research year, urm

School: T30 US MD

Step 2: 234

Clinical grades: Pass throughout (we only get P, H, F no HP)

Class Ranking: They don't rank us in our letter so I don't have a rank

AOA: Doubt it

Research:
Presently around 17 Publications/Abstracts/Posters:
- One middle author radiology paper
- 1st author review article
- 3 middle authors in various review articles
- 12 poster presentations (one at SIR; the rest are related sdoh, public health, basic science some of these are before medical school)

Currently during my research year:
- one surgical subspecialty paper submitted
- one IR paper submitted
- 2 abstract accepted (one is an IR abstract for RSNA)
- working on IR related registry (will lead to pubs ideally short term and long term)

I have various ongoing projects that I'm not counting in my 17 total
- One to two for SIR conference on going that would lead to one or two papers

Awards:
- A handful of innovative and case competition awards (one involved SIR)
- 2x merit scholarship

EC’s:
- IR interest group leader
- SNMA board member
- a couple of med ed outreach activities for underrepresented high school students
- tutor
- recently a board member of a nonprofit

LORs:
- looking to get a strong letter from FM
- I can get a strong letter for my IR research mentor at home institution
- Will get a letter from my research mentor during gap year
- waiting till 4th year to figure out other letters

What are my chances? I want to stay on the East coast. Ideally NE or mid Atlantic area but of course flexible.
IR is ideal but I like DR equally as well.

Also should I triple apply?

Last edited:
Current Status: Completed MS3 on a research year, urm
Your step 2 score hurts, diversity + 17 pubs + T30 helps. I would dual-apply IR/DR - and apply very broadly. You have a great chance of making it but need to cast a wide net and see what sticks. You can always make contingency plans for another specialty if it really goes poorly, but I'd expect you to match.

School: Mid tier US MD
Step 2: 260
Ceiling is everywhere. You have the type of app that could hit the MGH / UCSF with luck -- granted your research is weak. I would geo signal UVA / Georgetown, let them know explicitly that you're hoping to end up there, but still have a diverse application - albeit not having to cast as broad of a net as someone with weaker stats.

Chances for NE very good, especially if you have ties. Chances for top 20 are very good.

disclaimer: late switch to rads, working on getting more rads related research

School: Mid tier, State US MD
Step 2: 257
Pre-clinical
Clinical grades: All H
Class Ranking: 1st Quartile
AOA: Elected, applied, awaiting decision

Research:
3 book chapters, 2 pubs submitted (not accepted yet)
2 rads abstract accepted to RSNA, 12 posters overall in various specialties (neuro/pulmcrit/pain/pmr)
created 3 projects at school, 2 QI, built from ground up (IRB etc.), received strong letter from PI

EC’s:
3 years of strong work in the student-run free clinic, held various high-level positions
2 years of street medicine outreach, held e-board positions
e-board member for 4 other clubs, various
other school-related involvement (TA, orientation leader, mentorship for underclassmen)

LORs:
1 IM, 1 Neuro, 2 rads
Strong

Goal geography- NE ideally NYC or surrounding area.

School: Unranked, US MD
Step 2: 255
Clinical grades: 4 H, 2 HP, 1 P
Class ranking: 1st quartile
AOA: Nominated, waiting for decision

Research:
1 ACR case in point
1 abstract in other field
3 poster presentations
1 pub (IRB approved study)
2-3 radiopedia cases

EC's:
Typical volunteering, leadership in school clubs, etc. (nothing too special)

LORs:
2 surg, 1 Rad

Goal - Midwest

Also would you guys suggest me to dual apply? Or just full send rads. Thanks!

disclaimer: late switch to rads, working on getting more rads related research

School: Mid tier, State US MD
Step 2: 257
Pre-clinical
Clinical grades: All H
Class Ranking: 1st Quartile
AOA: Elected, applied, awaiting decision

Research:
3 book chapters, 2 pubs submitted (not accepted yet)
2 rads abstract accepted to RSNA, 12 posters overall in various specialties (neuro/pulmcrit/pain/pmr)
created 3 projects at school, 2 QI, built from ground up (IRB etc.), received strong letter from PI

EC’s:
3 years of strong work in the student-run free clinic, held various high-level positions
2 years of street medicine outreach, held e-board positions
e-board member for 4 other clubs, various
other school-related involvement (TA, orientation leader, mentorship for underclassmen)

LORs:
1 IM, 1 Neuro, 2 rads
Strong

Goal geography- NE ideally NYC or surrounding area.
Great chances with ties. Good without ties. May not necessarily be Columbia or NYU, but you’ll get in somewhere in or around NYC

Completely jumping ship with a month and a half left, don’t necessarily care where I match but I am from Cali. Anywhere relevant/non community would be cool.

School: Low tier US MD
Clinical grades: 4 H, 2 HP
Class ranking: 2nd quartile

Research:
4 pubs 0 first author
8 posters/etc mostly first author, one rads project not first author

EC's:
A lot including co-founder of largest research group on campus.

LORs:
1 IM 1 Surg 1 Rad

Completely jumping ship with a month and a half left, don’t necessarily care where I match but I am from Cali. Anywhere relevant/non community would be cool.

School: Low tier US MD
Clinical grades: 4 H, 2 HP
Class ranking: 2nd quartile

Research:
4 pubs 0 first author
8 posters/etc mostly first author, one rads project not first author

EC's:
A lot including co-founder of largest research group on campus.

LORs:
1 IM 1 Surg 1 Rad
Stellar step score and clinical grades! Checked the research box but obv not a strength on your app. Where are you thinking of signaling? I’d be surprised if you couldn’t stay in Cali as long as you apply smart and interview well

Stellar step score and clinical grades! Checked the research box but obv not a strength on your app. Where are you thinking of signaling? I’d be surprised if you couldn’t stay in Cali as long as you apply smart and interview well
Appreciate it! Not entirely sure about signaling - meeting with home PD this week. Probably just going to employ a survival strat since I am late to the game. Beggars can't be choosers.