Fastest Way to a Raise

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What should I do?

• Take the PIC promotion and raise

• Run away!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Unsure90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So my district manager wants to make me PIC at another store. I've worked at the other store and it's not super busy or anything. I would get a raise and more hours (I average 35/week and live in CA).

Do you think it's feasible to become PIC and step down later? Would I retain my PIC rate?

How much of a raise is usual for becoming PIC? I just started working as a pharmacist and am in the low $60's/hour. I know that if I wait it out I can get my yearly review/raise and whatnot and hit average for CA (high $60's?) but I feel like this is the fastest way to a raise.

Why so money hungry? Well I've got tuition fees to pay back and a down payment for a future house to work on (and you know CA houses ain't cheap).

Anyone with PIC experience care to chip in??

Members don't see this ad.

So my district manager wants to make me PIC at another store. I've worked at the other store and it's not super busy or anything. I would get a raise and more hours (I average 35/week and live in CA).

Do you think it's feasible to become PIC and step down later? Would I retain my PIC rate?

How much of a raise is usual for becoming PIC? I just started working as a pharmacist and am in the low $60's/hour. I know that if I wait it out I can get my yearly review/raise and whatnot and hit average for CA (high $60's?) but I feel like this is the fastest way to a raise.

Why so money hungry? Well I've got tuition fees to pay back and a down payment for a future house to work on (and you know CA houses ain't cheap).

Anyone with PIC experience care to chip in??

No, you will not retain the PIC rate if you step down. PIC also opens you up to better bonuses.

The raise is dependent on location, store volume, and other factors. I got about a 15% raise when I became PIC. I'd say expect 5-10$ more depending on what store you're taking on.

Honestly, I think everyone should aim to be PIC at least once...so they can get experience on how to run things and really see the pharmacy as a business rather than just pushing pills. Is it worth it? No, the added stress and micromanagement from your DM isn't worth the hassle. I still recommend you take the PIC job just to gain experience and see if it's for you. You never know if you don't try.

I say...go for it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe it is typical at CVS to keep your raise when you step down, but why on earth anyone would want to do that is beyond me. You get much more power in the system as a PIC.

I'd take the PIC raise especially if you're in Cali. You'll get a good raise and can get into the mid 70's if you're district is a mess and you can fix stores. This is the fastest way to get a raise. Annual reviews aren't much. Maybe 1-4% but your sup is playing with a budget so it sucks. Bonus is where it's at for PICS. I got close to 9% raise to be a pic and then over 2% to be a pic at another store and now 2 annual reviews. Close to making over 15% more than I did when I started as a new grad 2 years ago.

Reactions: 1 users