Fat doctors less likely to help obese patients lose weight

Started by Narmerguy
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So the answer is yes. :laugh:

Come on now. Let's use logic, common sense, and reality.

Ok. I think it's immoral for doctors to prescribe painkillers to patients, so I think that if a patient comes in with severe abdominal pain and the abdominal pain will cause him to go into shock, then the doctor should just refuse to prescribe the medication and leave the patient to die.
 
Ok. I think it's immoral for doctors to prescribe painkillers to patients, so I think that if a patient comes in with severe abdominal pain and the abdominal pain will cause him to go into shock, then the doctor should just refuse to prescribe the medication and leave the patient to die.


Sure, because there's no reason for him not to give out the medication. 1 wrong / 0 right

With abortion you gotta kill one thing to save another. 1 wrong / 1 right. If he chooses to not do that 1 wrong he has the right to.
 
Sure, because there's no reason for him not to give out the medication. 1 wrong / 0 right

With abortion you gotta kill one thing to save another. 1 wrong / 1 right. If he chooses to not do that 1 wrong he has the right to.

Nono, Cause painkillers destroy your soul.

If you can't use common sense to see that, then I can't help you.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
iceman happened to it. What a narrow minded idiot.

Yup (Besides the idiot part) The liberal media has brainwashed you into thinking that tolerating everything is a great idea.

Believe me, you shouldn't tolerate certain things.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Iceman #1 troll, best thread I've read in awhile.

I like how having morals and standards ultimately = Troll in this society today.

You see someone talking about random sex in a thread and it's no biggie. But when you start talking down abortion it's suddenly like the holocaust.
 
He believes the stuff he is saying

Of course I do. I have standards.

The immoral people in this thread get insanely irritated because they realize something is wrong with the way they think. So they do their best to justify it while their conscience is screaming at them that I'm right.
 
I have premarital sex with random people and am prochoice. You mad?

Nah you probably just pity my soul, I'm an idiot, etc etc

Mad in a sense. It's like watching a group of children running towards a pool of acid.

But I can only do so much.
 
Of course I do. I have standards.

The immoral people in this thread get insanely irritated because they realize something is wrong with the way they think. So they do their best to justify it while their conscience is screaming at them that I'm right.

Look on the bright side. If he goes to medical school maybe he will finally be diagnosed with what ever mental disorders plague him.
 
Look on the bright side. If he goes to medical school maybe he will finally be diagnosed with what ever mental disorders plague him.

Having morals is a mental disorder now?

Liberals have done a better job then I thought :laugh:
 
So what are the dire consequences of having different opinions than yours? In before you once again define "morality" for the rest of us.

If you really believe in having random sex and scrambling some babies brains up then I think these are some of the questions you need to honestly ask yourself.
 
I feel great about this. You're doing something great for your physical, mental, and spiritual health! My only caveat: Use protection and get tested regularly!

I hope I have made it clear that promoting this stuff is ripping your soul apart little by little and if you are honest with yourself you will see it to.

I have done my part to warn. It is really sad to see that society has brought about such hedonistic characteristics in people.
 
Yea. Tested for awesome.

I was thinking more along the lines of HIV, gonnorrhea, chlamydia, syphilis, and HPV. If you're having sex, you already have awesome inside you and/or your awesome has already been transmitted to someone else.

Normally, I would just +1, but I think the message needs to be spread around as much as possible, hence the facetiousness.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hope I have made it clear that promoting this stuff is ripping your soul apart little by little and if you are honest with yourself you will see it to.

I have done my part to warn. It is really sad to see that society has brought about such hedonistic characteristics in people.

OMG he is Voldermort

That must make you Harry Potter
 
God/doing good is everything. The religious system that He built helps to gives a good line of reasoning though.

I am not going to bash you for being religious, others might, but I would have stopped probing a long time ago if you had just said religion determines what's right/wrong for you. You'd never tell your kid abortion is wrong because it's just evil and evil mean men do it; you'd say it's because God doesn't like it, get my drift?

You have to admit, believing something is evil just because you think it's evil, without some kind of belief system behind it, sounds utterly idiotic.

Edit: I believe in doing good always, but don't associate God with that, thus our different believe systems on what constitues good and bad things, eh?
 
I am not going to bash you for being religious, others might, but I would have stopped probing a long time ago if you had just said religion determines what's right/wrong for you. You'd never tell your kid abortion is wrong because it's just evil and evil mean men do it; you'd say it's because God doesn't like it, get my drift?

You have to admit, believing something is evil just because you think it's evil, without some kind of belief system behind it, sounds utterly idiotic.

No, I would say it's evil. Evil = hell/from hell.

You want to do something to do good. God = goodness.

You can't separate the two like that. Everyone has a sense of good and evil no matter how hedonistic you become.
 
No, I would say it's evil. Evil = hell/from hell.

You want to do something to do good. God = goodness.

You can't separate the two like that. Everyone has a sense of good and evil no matter how hedonistic you become.

So why does morality have to be associated with religion?
 
Killing is not always evil. You have no clue about the good repercussions that could come from it.

That argument could easily justify "scrambling a babies brains"....

And do you think the crusades were a good thing? How about all the conflicts in the middle east? Or the systematic extermination of millions of "heathens"? Were these moral?
 
That argument could easily justify "scrambling a babies brains"....

And do you think the crusades were a good thing? How about all the conflicts in the middle east? Or the systematic extermination of millions of "heathens"? Were these moral?

No it couldn't. Those children are innocent.

The Muslims were persecuting Christians beforehand. You don't just sit there and twiddle your thumbs while someone has a knife to your wife's throat do you?

I like your questions though. They were questions I had when I was a bit more nieve. (Though I never spat in God's face like some people have here)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Killing in the name of religion is always "evil" and you can have morality without religion. I have morals that are not defined by religion.

No it isn't.

Everyone has a religion. In this case it is the religion of TIEDYEDDOG. Probably a very arrogant and hedinistic religion though 😉
 
Killing is not always evil. You have no clue about the good repercussions that could come from it.

Good repercussions could come from killing an unborn baby without a doubt. He could grow up to be a murderer. Hell he could be the next Hitler. If what you say is taken as fact (like you seem to think) abortion is not always evil.

And was the slaying of "heathens" moral? What about salem witch trials? How about all the thousands of executions performed by the church on "heretics"? And if you wanna talk about oppression, Christians have oppressed more people than muslims ever have or ever will. Maybe I'm just naive but none of this seems moral....
 
Good repercussions could come from killing an unborn baby without a doubt. He could grow up to be a murderer. Hell he could be the next Hitler. If what you say is taken as fact (like you seem to think) abortion is not always evil.

And was the slaying of "heathens" moral? What about salem witch trials? How about all the thousands of executions performed by the church on "heretics"? And if you wanna talk about oppression, Christians have oppressed more people than muslims ever have or ever will. Maybe I'm just naive but none of this seems moral....

Sure it's always evil. You are deliberately killing an innocent child.

I don't agree with the Salem witch trials. There have been many false prophets.

Quite honestly, I think out of all these people you actually care a bit more about your life than these others. It's hard for me to just sit here and give you advice when I'd like to grab a coffee with you.

I suggest you go to the catholic forums (You can find it with a google search) or go to a Catholic church and ask to speak to a preist. (These Christians tend to be the most logical)

I myself, haven't been able to decide on Protestantism or Catholicism. However, I would be ecstatic if you tried to talk to someone far more educated than I on theology. 😀
 
Last edited:
No it isn't.

Everyone has a religion. In this case it is the religion of TIEDYEDDOG. Probably a very arrogant and hedinistic religion though 😉

Here is the definition of religion:
re·li·gion/riˈlijən/
Noun:
The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods.

Defenition of hedonism:
he·don·ism/ˈhēdnˌizəm/
Noun:
The pursuit of pleasure.
The ethical theory that pleasure is the highest good and proper aim of human life.


I do not believe myself to be a God. I don't have sex and smoke weed all day. Not believing in god =/= barbarianistic feel-good lover.
 
Here is the definition of religion:
re·li·gion/riˈlijən/
Noun:
The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, esp. a personal God or gods.

Defenition of hedonism:
he·don·ism/ˈhēdnˌizəm/
Noun:
The pursuit of pleasure.
The ethical theory that pleasure is the highest good and proper aim of human life.


I do not believe myself to be a God. I don't have sex and smoke weed all day. Not believing in god =/= barbarianistic feel-good lover.

Religion: A set of beliefs concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe.

I applaud that you don't smoke or have sex (Shows a glimpse of God and goodness) but it is still the religion OF YOU.

Very arrogant.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.