Fatigue

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Triangulation

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Are all you level I's as exhausted from this semester as me? I've been sick for the last two wks, and I'm fairly convinced it's bc i'm so f'in spent from this first semester.

I used to lie down for a few mins when i got back from school and watch t.v. and then study. Now, I'm scared of touching the couch, bc I'll be out for two hours. I missed two quarters of the rockets game bc of that!!!:mad:

Members don't see this ad.

What would u say is ur most difficult class so far tri. For my year, it was pharmacuetics. Just make sure u keep on studying even through the holidays. That was my big mistake. I was doing well at the beginning and began to slack off and then paid for it in the end. I found out I did better if i struggle at first that way i would never slack off towards the end. Did u also have externships during ur midterms? Sometimes that makes everyone so tired. It made me very tired, so much that I hardly studied for one of the midtermds. Good luck and study hard.

I'm a PS-1 and we had our finals 2 weeks ago. It's so nice having 2 weeks off for Thanksgiving break that it's hard to remember how stressed I was during finals week. But if I remember right, final week was hell. We had a test everyday and one the Friday before, so 6 tests all in a row. My tests all started out as good but toward the end of the week I was spent - I couldn't study nearly as hard for the last couple. Other than finals week, I haven't been really stressed yet. Hopefully it can stay that way.
GDK- My most difficult class so far is pharmaceutics too. And I really don't know why, the material's pretty easy but the exams are hard.

Members don't see this ad :)
GDK & AmandaRX,

Your not alone...I strugled through what I thought was my easiest class too! ('ceutics) The thing about it is that its not rocket science, but its super easy to get tripped up over something!

Originally posted by South2006
GDK & AmandaRX,

Your not alone...I strugled through what I thought was my easiest class too! ('ceutics) The thing about it is that its not rocket science, but its super easy to get tripped up over something!

Pharmaceutics 1 was the great heart breaker at U of Iowa - deliberately. Many of those who dropped out did so because of this class. Three exams, everyone always failed the first and the second was always scheduled for the day after the drop date.
Failing the class set you back an entire year because of the sequence. Artificial pressure. The infamous prof of that class used to call it "the gamesmanship"

What would u say is ur most difficult class so far tri.

Yeah the **** of it is, my worst class is by the far the most ******ed: Pharm Practice, bunch of guest lecturers talking about immunization, pharm care, drug info science, health fair screenings. I never go, so I kept missing ALL THE QUIZZES It's worth the most units, and I'm getting hammered i think. I didn't study at all for the immunization midterm and failed it, which I had to re-take as an oral exam, that i subsequently studied ten hours for.

I've got A's in genetics, biosys, ceutics, and delivery. But i'm borderline in all of them so it could still get hella messy.