FAU Biomedical Sciences Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rock23

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys i was wondernig about the FAU program. Has anyone here attended the prog and successfully entered into a professional school such as MD/DO/DMD? I heard barry or nova are better prog is that true? thx

Members don't see this ad.

is there such a program as that? never heard of it

hey guys i was wondernig about the FAU program. Has anyone here attended the prog and successfully entered into a professional school such as MD/DO/DMD? I heard barry or nova are better prog is that true? thx

Yes! I graduated from the M.S. in Biomedical Sciences program and enjoyed it, especially since my tuition was paid for by teaching undergrads!

To answer your question about whether graduates successfully entered into a professional school -- everyone I knew in the program got in somewhere, including myself. The big ones for accepting our students were Nova and UM@FAU (but understand that it's not a true "link program" where they interview at the medical school if you get a certain GPA in the Master's program).

Also understand that it's not a collection of first year medical courses. For instance - unless something has changed recently - you will not be taking Gross Anatomy with dissection or Medical School Biochem. I took classes in Radiation Biology, Mechanisms of Brain Diseases, Reproductive Endocrinology, Molec + Cell Biology, etc. Classes are about 25 students and some of the faculty also teach for the medical school.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
In terms of medical school preparation, any insight into FAU vs. Barry University for biomedical sciences?

Yes! I graduated from the M.S. in Biomedical Sciences program and enjoyed it, especially since my tuition was paid for by teaching undergrads!

To answer your question about whether graduates successfully entered into a professional school -- everyone I knew in the program got in somewhere, including myself. The big ones for accepting our students were Nova and UM@FAU (but understand that it's not a true "link program" where they interview at the medical school if you get a certain GPA in the Master's program).

Also understand that it's not a collection of first year medical courses. For instance - unless something has changed recently - you will not be taking Gross Anatomy with dissection or Medical School Biochem. I took classes in Radiation Biology, Mechanisms of Brain Diseases, Reproductive Endocrinology, Molec + Cell Biology, etc. Classes are about 25 students and some of the faculty also teach for the medical school.

Hope that helps!