FAU BS/MD Form

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cheezin

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello!

I applied to FAU's BS/MD program and am waiting to hear back about possibile interview dates. I am a National Merit Finalist and have forwarded my confirmation letters to FAU. Do you happen to remember any details regarding the interview process that might help me? Like how many days of interviews they had or how long it took for them to get back to students about interview dates?

Thank you so much!

Hi all,

So I am a high school senior that applied to BS/MD programs and thought this question would be more suitable in the Pre-med forum than hSDN just for the audience that I would reach. For those with experience with med school forms, I have a question as to if one I received from FAU is binding.

I was accepted to their program and they sent me a form that says "I have read the accompanying statement of expectations pertaining to my enrollment in the program. I further understand that promotion and acceptance into the FAUCOM is conditional and satisfactory completion of the requirements noted therein etc." and they ask for my signature and to email them back the form with the subject line "Acceptance".

I have interviews with other med schools like Pitt and Case, and I know its unlikely I get in, but on the off-chance I do, I can just go to the other programs and decline the FAU one right? This form isn't binding?

Thanks to whoever reads/responds :)
-cheezin
doubt it's binding. also why do anything unless they specifically state that there is a deadline that you must do it by. Also i have to say i wasn't thoroughly impressed with FAU's facilities but to each their own (a guaranteed acceptance at a US MD program is never a bad thing)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello!

I applied to FAU's BS/MD program and am waiting to hear back about possibile interview dates. I am a National Merit Finalist and have forwarded my confirmation letters to FAU. Do you happen to remember any details regarding the interview process that might help me? Like how many days of interviews they had or how long it took for them to get back to students about interview dates?

Thank you so much!
They give extreme priority to NM finalists so that's a great thing! I believe I had the first interview day in January, and they continue through March/April. They send out decisions within 2 weeks, and the interview is pretty casual, 1 on 1 with a faculty member and it seemed really easy. It depends on the interviewer but they can be really knowledgeable and interested in your application.

They give extreme priority to NM finalists so that's a great thing! I believe I had the first interview day in January, and they continue through March/April. They send out decisions within 2 weeks, and the interview is pretty casual, 1 on 1 with a faculty member and it seemed really easy. It depends on the interviewer but they can be really knowledgeable and interested in your application.
Awesome! Thanks so much. I hadn't heard back about an interview yet, so I was beginning to get a bit worried. How do you like the program? Is it worth joining if I am named just a NMF and not a scholar?

FAU is binding, UCF is nor binding, UCF actually encourage you to do better and apply out.

FAU final interview will have 15-20 students. 5 weirdos will be weeded out very quickly. The other 15 are classified as 10 admits and 5 waitlists. 2 admits with 1 waitlist as a group, total 5 groups. If both admits say yes, waitlist is out. If any one of admits say no, waitlist one is in. If all three say no, they do not get out of their way to get more. So yearly, max 10, but on average 8 students. MCAT requirement for FAU is curved based on GPA. You can still stay with a low 507. Where as UCF, it is a straight cutoff 514, bit tougher.

FAU is binding, UCF is nor binding, UCF actually encourage you to do better and apply out.

FAU final interview will have 15-20 students. 5 weirdos will be weeded out very quickly. The other 15 are classified as 10 admits and 5 waitlists. 2 admits with 1 waitlist as a group, total 5 groups. If both admits say yes, waitlist is out. If any one of admits say no, waitlist one is in. If all three say no, they do not get out of their way to get more. So yearly, max 10, but on average 8 students. MCAT requirement for FAU is curved based on GPA. You can still stay with a low 507. Where as UCF, it is a straight cutoff 514, bit tougher.
I'm not sure where your information is from but I think most of it is false. By your "final interview" I think you may mean a single interview day and they hold several over several months. They accept generally 12, 6 for the Boca campus and 6 for the Jupiter one, and rumor is they are looking to expand that. Yearly max would then be ~12. MCAT requirement is 509, 510, not really changed based on GPA? GPA minimum is 3.7 but that's a joke, everyone has a 3.95+ in the program.

How do you like the program? Is it worth joining if I am named just a NMF and not a scholar?
And yes I like it, it's a pretty solid program, living in Florida/Boca is especially nice. Finalist is the same as scholar pretty much, just a difference of where your money comes from.

Edit: wow I forgot this post was mine and is so old LOL, the program has definitely changed in the last couple years