Favorite High-Yield Series Books?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nuclearrabbit77

commercial sex worker
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
favorite high-yield series books?

nuclearrabbit

Members don't see this ad.

embryology, neuroanatomy.

gross anatomy is apparently a more concise review than BRS for Step1, which I heard was good also. hope this helps.

Neuroanatomy, Behavioral Sciences. Gross anatomy is pretty good too but from what I have been told is still too much for boards.

MS-2
Midwestern University-CCOM

Members don't see this ad :)
is high yield embryo enough for a course? i have the moore clinical embryo text and i hate reading textbooks, but HY looks awfully slim. anyone use it for class?

Originally posted by MedPuck
embryology, neuroanatomy.

gross anatomy is apparently a more concise review than BRS for Step1, which I heard was good also. hope this helps.
I second MedPuck. Embryo and Neuroanatomy were really good. It all you need for Step 1.

Hi yield Pharm saved me for Step 1!!! My school basically teaches almost nothing about pharm in the first 2 years (general classes of drugs and mechanisms yes, but not specific generic names or nuances among the drugs in each class). on my step 1 exam there were a lot of pharm questions and in my breakdown on the back of my score report, pharm was my best subject (and was really high). I can tell you I owe it to that book!!!! I read it twice, cover to cover (which was doable, since it was so thin).

Neuroanatomy I have, but I never got a chance to read the whole thing. It's one of the thicker books in the series. Embryology was good (maybe a little too long and sometimes too detailed). Gross anatomy was way too much for purposes of step 1.

Beh sci is good, but it's basically exactly the same thing as BRS beh sci (same author, same words). I preferred BRS--you actually get questions for each chapter there and it has an index.

Those were the only ones I've tried so far. I may give Hi Yield surgery a shot this year.