Favorite Premed Movies?

Started by HMSNeuro
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HMSNeuro

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Everynight before I go to bed, I watch a little bit of Rudy. He never gave up, and neither shall we!

Ru-dy! Ru-dy! Ru-dy!

Pre-med! Pre-med! Pre-med!

USA! Starbucks! Disney world! Valium! Reeboks! Sushi! Taco Bell! Rodeos!
Bed bath and beyond! Liberty! White Slips! The Alamo! Band-aids! Las Vegas!
Christmas! Immigrants! Popeye! Democrats! Republicans! Sportsmanship! Books!
 
I don't know if you're talking about medically related movies but I personally enjoy:
Office Space
Wayne's World
The 40 Year Old Virgin
Mean Girls
 
Rise and shine campers it's coooold out there today. It's cold out there everyday. What is this, Miami Beach?

HMSNeuro said:
Everynight before I go to bed, I watch a little bit of Rudy. He never gave up, and neither shall we!

Ru-dy! Ru-dy! Ru-dy!

Pre-med! Pre-med! Pre-med!

USA! Starbucks! Disney world! Valium! Reeboks! Sushi! Taco Bell! Rodeos!
Bed bath and beyond! Liberty! White Slips! The Alamo! Band-aids! Las Vegas!
Christmas! Immigrants! Popeye! Democrates! Republicans! Sportsmanship! Books!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I enjoy watching older movies...some in black and white, like:

The Bicycle Thief
Don't Look Now
Persona
Mulholland Drive
 
For favorite medically-related movie (and as neuro major) I'd have to go with Lorenzo's Oil...... I wish I could discover an amazing treatment.
 
Just Like Heaven

Heck the main female character failed her MCATs the first time and is now a hotshot doc. You can too!
 
Schaden Freud said:
Rise and shine campers it's coooold out there today. It's cold out there everyday. What is this, Miami Beach?

What about the satellites? Is it snowing in space?
 
jackieMD2007 said:
I don't know if you're talking about medically related movies but I personally enjoy:
Office Space
Wayne's World
The 40 Year Old Virgin
Mean Girls


JACKIE IM SHOCKEDDDDD 😱 No Ferris Bueller's Day Off????
 
Non medical

First Date :laugh:
The Rock
Mission Impossible (Number one the first time when you're like WTF?)

Sort of medical
The Fugitive?

It's been a long time; I think this is what it's called, with Harrison Ford.

Cop: Is he as smart as you?
Ford's colleague: Smarter.
 
Top 5 of the Moment:

5. Clue
4. Matchstick Men
3. Fargo
2. The 40 Year Old Virgin
1. Shaun of the Dead
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
donnie darko
y tu mamma tambien
midnight cowboy
all about eve
 
No, Nancy- on the contrary! I've loved you my whole life. This may seem a little sudden, but Nancy, will you be my wife?

Oh Rita!

Oculus Sinistra said:
Too early for flapjacks?
 
Schaden Freud said:
No, Nancy- on the contrary! I've loved you my whole life. This may seem a little sudden, but Nancy, will you be my wife?

Oh Rita!


Don't tell me you don't remember me 'cause I sure as heckfire remember you!


Did you know that originally, the first scene in that movie was supposed to be the one where he's sitting on the bench describing everything that happens and counting down until he can steal the money off the armored truck?
 
MinnyGophers said:
Just Like Heaven

Heck the main female character failed her MCATs the first time and is now a hotshot doc. You can too!


Was she supposed to be at UCSF?
 
No, I didn't- I'm really glad they didn't do that.

It's funny I think I could probably recite that entire movie.


Oculus Sinistra said:
Don't tell me you don't remember me 'cause I sure as heckfire remember you!


Did you know that originally, the first scene in that movie was supposed to be the one where he's sitting on the bench describing everything that happens and counting down until he can steal the money off the armored truck?
 
Forrest Gump [damnit Forrest, you're WAY too good for Jenny]

The Matrix

Shawshank Redemption

Rounders...


last but not least..and by not least...i mean..THE GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME:


BRAVEHEART.
 
Other good movies, let's see...

Sideways
In the Company of Men
Being John Malkovich
Rear Window (Hitchcock at his best)
...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone here seen Malice? Alec Baldwin plays a devious HMS-trained surgeon ...

"You want to know if I have a God complex? Let me tell you something- I AM GOD!"
 
Premed related: White Castle

Kumar: "The only reason why I'm here is so that my dad will continue to give me spending money"

Dean from Harvard: "But you received perfect scores on your MCATS!"

Kumar: "Just because you're hung like a moose, doesn't mean you want to be a pornstar."

Ok i'm sure those quotes are off, but I was too lazy too look them up, you get the idea.

And I don't understand how Shaun of the Dead is funny. I think it had its moments, but overall not that funny. Maybe, I'm not into British humor, if its british...
 
shaka1734 said:
Premed related: White Castle

Kumar: "The only reason why I'm here is so that my dad will continue to give me spending money"

Dean from Harvard: "But you received perfect scores on your MCATS!"

Kumar: "Just because you're hung like a moose, doesn't mean you want to be a pornstar."

Ok i'm sure those quotes are off, but I was too lazy too look them up, you get the idea.

And I don't understand how Shaun of the Dead is funny. I think it had its moments, but overall not that funny. Maybe, I'm not into British humor, if its british...
hung like a horse 😉
 
shaka1734 said:
And I don't understand how Shaun of the Dead is funny. I think it had its moments, but overall not that funny. Maybe, I'm not into British humor, if its british...

Shaun of the Dead is more satire than pure "British" humor. I really enjoyed it, likely because I'm also a big fan of the zombie movies it lampoons (Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Layer). It was hugely popular in the UK. Some magazine over there voted in the top 5 for funniest movies ever.
 
I've met the real Rudy...he's not as loveable as the movie version....I think the lisp and overweight part when I saw him might have combined to do it. Shaun of the dead is funny because it makes fun of every single one of those type of movies...fairly well and yes..british humor seems hard for most americans to pick up. Much more subtle with the world play stuff.Or just weird in some cases.

Fave movies is hard for me.....I watch probably 5 movies a week but um on the list

Good Bye Lenin
Kurz und Schmerzlos
Big Lebowski
Forrest Gump
Office Space
Dumb and Dumber
Schindler's List (I bet this is the first time Schindler's list has been on the same list as some of these movies)
Super Troopers when drinking
Equilibrium
Breakfast at Tiffany's (weird I know)
and so many others...bah
 
aung said:
I enjoy watching older movies...some in black and white, like:

The Bicycle Thief
Don't Look Now
Persona
Mulholland Drive


Speaking of black and white movies, I like 12 Angry Men.
 
definetly Harold and Kumar as far as premeds go

and if yur in it for the md/mph, you gotta go for 12 Monkeys

Identity would be a good one for psych (as would One Flew Over the ****oo's nest, Primal Fear)
 
Die hard 1&3
Indiana Jones 1 & 3
Narc
Saving Private Ryan
Predator
happy gilmore
slap shot
ghost busters I and II
alien and aliens
night and dawn of the living dead
fight club
the shining
dumb and dumber
dirty harry movies
 
Alien
Most, if not all movies by Stanley Kubrick
Empire Strikes Back
Scarface
Godfather 1+2
Traffic
Raiders of the lost Ark
South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut
Office Space
....plus many more that I'm probably forgetting
 
1) Road to Perdition
2) Shawshank Redemption
3) Heat
4) Batman (1989)
5) Batman Begins
6) Collateral
7) Kingdom of Heaven
8) The Insider
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ginkneephur said:
Rocky!!!

"Yo, Adrienne!!"

That's actually how my cousin got her name- they couldn't decide what to call her, and "Rocky" was playing on the ward, so they decided "Adrienne" would make a great name for their daugter. My family is weird. 🙄

As for myself:
Major League
A League of Their Own
The Wedding Singer
Braveheart
Armaggedon

And if we're gonna talk Disney- Sleeping Beauty of course
 
Medical Related:

Gross Anatomy
Vital Signs: most realistic movie i've seen on med school
Patch Adams: attended his lecture at my school, funny as hell
Doc Hollywood: time pass

Non Medical Related:

Top Gun
Matrix
Kill Bill: kinda medical with all the blood, and amputations
 
The Blues Brothers-Ray Charles with gun, you gotta love it.
Swingers-You're so f-cking money and you don't even know it!
Rent-Makes life seem so great.
Kids-Seriously F-cked up movie.
Backdraft-The fire has a mind of it's own. Plus everyone smokes.
The Fifth Element-Shoots alien in head:"Ahhhhh! S-sorry my man. You think he's gonna be ok?