FDA approves first daily over-the-counter birth control pill in U.S.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I bet they are.

First, that's a progestin-only pill. Most patients don't like those so its not going to have a huge number of people who stop going to the doctor.

Second, most OBs don't love teenage pregnancies (or unwanted pregnancies in general). This should help prevent that

Third, even pro-choice OBs don't love abortions. This should also help prevent some of those.

Fourth, I don't know any OBs who are hurting for patients.

Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I bet they are.

First, that's a progestin-only pill. Most patients don't like those so its not going to have a huge number of people who stop going to the doctor.

Second, most OBs don't love teenage pregnancies (or unwanted pregnancies in general). This should help prevent that

Third, even pro-choice OBs don't love abortions. This should also help prevent some of those.

Fourth, I don't know any OBs who are hurting for patients.
#Free BMbiology

Reactions: 1 user
#Free BMbiology
John Candy No GIF by Laff

• Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

OBGYNs probably not thrilled about this.

I’ve worked in states where pharmacists have prescriptive authority for contraception.

I do feel like that hasn’t been heavily promoted. I worry about mini-pill failures, but am glad this will be available for people who need it.

Reactions: 1 users
Ok I’ll admit, I’m curious to see how meat head bodybuilders will try to use for gainzzz…they’ll try just about anything and use half assed reasoning to justify
RIP Bostin Loyd

Reactions: 1 user
Aren’t progestin only BC not that effective on the first cycle?
I wonder if that will be properly explained on the label

I've heard about how European women have loved OTC oral contraceptives, and have used them for many years.

The press said the same thing about Essure and before that, Norplant, and I think most of us who know what those are know how well they worked out.