Fear of flying... Diazepam please?

Started by Pojman
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Pojman

Level 99 Alchemist
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So its true... I am afraid to fly. Actually, I am one of those people with all sorts of strange phobias. To name a few - Public bathrooms, the doorknob to Mcdonalds (or any other public doorknob for that matter... But especially the doorknob to Mcdonalds.), and I don't like my bare wet feet to touch a bare/flat surface.

Do you think it would be a legitimate request for me to ask a doc in the box for a couple valium to get me though the flight? Or would I be wasting my money and be tossed out for being a crackhead?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It is legitimate. My sister has the same issue with flying and was prescribed xanax.
 
Doc in the box? Like a minute clinic? Those here don't prescribe controls. They'll gladly take your money and send you out the door with two 10 mg propranolol
 
Yes, doctors do prescribe benzo's for pt's who have certain fears (fear of flying, dentist, etc.) However, I've only seen doctors do this for established patients, as has been mentioned the walk-in clinics generally do not do any controlls (and the few that do will only do stuff like Robitussin AC or possibly a Tyl #3--they are not going to do controll's for anything other than a readily documented physical problem.)