Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/21/health/21chen.html?ref=health
The article talks about doctors and nurses who have immediate exposure to patient bodily fluids, and how this can be dangerous to healthcare workers. I was talking to my primary MD the other day (because I have to complete a pharmacy practice experience rotation in an MD office this summer) and he said well, if one is healthy we shouldn't worry about being sick (coughed at by patients, etc) or else he would be ill everyday. And I suppose you can say the same about sick patients coughing over the counter space passing me their Rx, that I shouldn't be sick either... but I wonder what the death rate for a pharmacist is in a hospital setting, especially if you make rounds. What are your thoughts of creating a consensus for deaths from healthcare occupations? Will it deter potential occupation interests? Will it justify the high paying salary that everyone seems to think healthcare occupations receive for granted?
The article talks about doctors and nurses who have immediate exposure to patient bodily fluids, and how this can be dangerous to healthcare workers. I was talking to my primary MD the other day (because I have to complete a pharmacy practice experience rotation in an MD office this summer) and he said well, if one is healthy we shouldn't worry about being sick (coughed at by patients, etc) or else he would be ill everyday. And I suppose you can say the same about sick patients coughing over the counter space passing me their Rx, that I shouldn't be sick either... but I wonder what the death rate for a pharmacist is in a hospital setting, especially if you make rounds. What are your thoughts of creating a consensus for deaths from healthcare occupations? Will it deter potential occupation interests? Will it justify the high paying salary that everyone seems to think healthcare occupations receive for granted?