• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

path19

15+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2003
Status (Visible)
hey everyone. anyone out there like me who STILL isn't sure how they're going to rank their programs? i have my number one choice, and my 5-11, but it's just the 2, 3, and 4 spots that i can't make my mind up about. i've been going back and forth between 3 programs for the past week or so and can't get anywhere. there are good things and bad things about each and i don't know what to give more weight to. 1 program i'll be happier at, 1 program my wife will be happier at, and the other program is a top name place that i think i'll be happy at but i'm not quite sure. this rank list thing is killing me!

+pissed+

yaah

Boring
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Aug 15, 2003
Fixing in 10% neutral buffered formalin
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Hi there - I'd like some advice.

I am a current 4th year and recently decided that, after doing my dermatology elective, I no longer want to go into derm and prefer my first love, pathology.

Do you guys think it is still too late to apply for this year? I can probably get into Boston for a couple of interviews this afternoon, and still have time to finalize my rank list tonight. Does anyone have experience with this? I can probably get some new LOR today provided the attendings I ask don't act like tools.

If you think it would help I can tell people that I really love pathology.

Thx,
Yaah
UMass 4th year

Just kidding of course.
I would go with the program your wife is happy at. I am not married, nor am I even close to being so, but I already know I better listen good in the future when I do acquire one.

What I did with my dilemma - I pretended to be at match day and receive an envelope with each of my top 5 programs in it (I have a very active imagination - I also celebrated each one with a festival of slamming down repeated alcoholic beverages, which made it more interesting). Then I saw how I would feel. At one of my top 5, I found myself drinking too much afterwards, so that one went down a bit lower.

I am pretty set with my rank list, my #1 is solid, 4-5 are solid. 2 and 3 I sometimes feel like reversing.

path19

15+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2003
Status (Visible)
hahaha. i hope you're enjoying laughing at my expense. according to my calculations, i still have 9.5 hours to figure this thing out. :) i'm leaning towards the place where my wife wants to go most but who knows, that could totally change in the next hour or so. i hope no one out there is as pathetic as i am and still trying to come up with a final list.

good luck to everyone in getting those lists done.

About the Ads

path19

15+ Year Member
Sep 5, 2003
Status (Visible)
one more thing...

ok, 1 of the programs i'm mulling over is the cleveland clinic. can anyone who interviewed there shed some light on the place. in particular, the more lifestyle kinds of things. i.e. what was your impression of their residents like, are they happy there, what kind of hours do they have, etc. i think i'll go do a search on here and see if i can learn anything more about the ccf in the meantime...

Global Disrobal

Along for the ride
Moderator Emeritus
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2002
Texas
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I can't but do quick search as there was a bit of discussion about it not too long ago (last 2-3 months I believe).

Good luck with the countdown~

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.