feb 25 is here...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

path19

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone. anyone out there like me who STILL isn't sure how they're going to rank their programs? i have my number one choice, and my 5-11, but it's just the 2, 3, and 4 spots that i can't make my mind up about. i've been going back and forth between 3 programs for the past week or so and can't get anywhere. there are good things and bad things about each and i don't know what to give more weight to. 1 program i'll be happier at, 1 program my wife will be happier at, and the other program is a top name place that i think i'll be happy at but i'm not quite sure. this rank list thing is killing me!

+pissed+

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there - I'd like some advice.

I am a current 4th year and recently decided that, after doing my dermatology elective, I no longer want to go into derm and prefer my first love, pathology.

Do you guys think it is still too late to apply for this year? I can probably get into Boston for a couple of interviews this afternoon, and still have time to finalize my rank list tonight. Does anyone have experience with this? I can probably get some new LOR today provided the attendings I ask don't act like tools.

If you think it would help I can tell people that I really love pathology.

Thx,
Yaah
UMass 4th year

Just kidding of course.
I would go with the program your wife is happy at. I am not married, nor am I even close to being so, but I already know I better listen good in the future when I do acquire one.

What I did with my dilemma - I pretended to be at match day and receive an envelope with each of my top 5 programs in it (I have a very active imagination - I also celebrated each one with a festival of slamming down repeated alcoholic beverages, which made it more interesting). Then I saw how I would feel. At one of my top 5, I found myself drinking too much afterwards, so that one went down a bit lower.

I am pretty set with my rank list, my #1 is solid, 4-5 are solid. 2 and 3 I sometimes feel like reversing.

hahaha. i hope you're enjoying laughing at my expense. according to my calculations, i still have 9.5 hours to figure this thing out. :) i'm leaning towards the place where my wife wants to go most but who knows, that could totally change in the next hour or so. i hope no one out there is as pathetic as i am and still trying to come up with a final list.

good luck to everyone in getting those lists done.

Members don't see this ad :)
one more thing...

ok, 1 of the programs i'm mulling over is the cleveland clinic. can anyone who interviewed there shed some light on the place. in particular, the more lifestyle kinds of things. i.e. what was your impression of their residents like, are they happy there, what kind of hours do they have, etc. i think i'll go do a search on here and see if i can learn anything more about the ccf in the meantime...

I can't but do quick search as there was a bit of discussion about it not too long ago (last 2-3 months I believe).

Good luck with the countdown~