Feb vs. the GRE: Think happy thoughts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Febrifuge

Grizzled Old Newcomer
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's not that I'm a spiritual person; I'm not particularly. It's more that it might help, and can't hurt, and there is plenty of room for superstition.

Tomorrow (Friday, August 11th) at noon central time, I will take the biggest test of my lovable, disorganized little life thus far: the GRE.

If I can swing the 700 on Verbal that I am so tantalizingly close to, my I-guess-it's-adequate Quantitative score will matter much less, because my potential PA programs will know I can at least rock something.

So -- if you pray, please pray for me. If you don't, please just observe five seconds of silence at approximately test time. If you practice some type of ritual and have some magick to send my way, I'd appreciate it (although please no live sacrifices; it's just a standardized test, after all, and anyway ETS has way more black magic than you, in all likelihood).

Even if you merely enjoy rooting for underdogs and non-trads, or you like the idea of sarcastic bastards like me as your future colleagues, I would appreciate the rooting. Knowing that some kick-ass people spare a thought for me will help me stay calm, focused, and keep me at just the right balance of "fear and arrogance," to quote Crash Davis.

Thanks! I'll see y'all on the other side...

Members don't see this ad.

good luck dude. i'm taking step 2 on sept.1st, so i know exactly how you feel. you'll do fine. just remember, when in doubt, the correct answer is "c" :D

--sp

Members don't see this ad :)
Whatever you guys did, it worked. Thanks!

Hard24Get said:
what did you get?
I was shouting it from the rooftops yesterday, but now that the adrenaline rush has worn off (and I've slept off a huge steak dinner), I'm almost shy about saying it. Here, I guess I can risk looking like a gunner pre-med, because hopefully it's clear enough that I'm not like that.

I did very well. I got a 650 Quantitative and a 750 Verbal. (The essays won't be scored for a few weeks, but I feel fine about them.) Therefore, combined 1400, mean 700.

One PA program I found on the web said they have no particular threshholds, but potential applicants are cautioned that the program is competitive, and those accepted to recent classes have had a two-section mean GRE score of 598.

Feb = happy camper right now. :horns: