Thoughts on CMG controlling shifts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As an IC, you have very little rights but in exchange the CMGs have less control.

As a true IC, you may be promised something but this can change with a quick change. Even if your contract does not allow what they are asking and if you make a big deal out of it, then they will just send you a new contract; take it or leave it.

This was one of the reasons I started with a SDG after residency, forced into a CMG for 2 yrs due to buy out, and Left to be my own boss after my 2 yr handcuffs were done.

Everyone has a choice and control over how they want to live. If you are stuck with a CMG or feel this is the best opportunity, then you have to deal with the handcuffs.

Your situation really isn't any different than when I was a IC Locums. I didn't promise any shifts eventhough they wanted me to and they didn't promise me anything other than a $325/hr rate when I did work. I got to pick what shifts I wanted to do, avoid nights, avoid weekends but for this I gave up any set monthly hours/income. When they had open shifts, I requested a minimum 2K bonus to cover a shift. This was not in the contract, but as an IC both sides get to change rules on the fly.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users