Federal Subsidized Loans and Perkins Loans

Started by Iamindebt
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Iamindebt

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took out a couple of Subsidized loans and Perkins loans during undergrad and will be attending medical school next year. Will the government continue to pay interest on these loans while I am in medical school or will interest start accruing next year? Thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
 
I took out a couple of Subsidized loans and Perkins loans during undergrad and will be attending medical school next year. Will the government continue to pay interest on these loans while I am in medical school or will interest start accruing next year? Thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

As long as you're in-school the government pays interest on subsidized loans. But you will accrue interest on them until you start medical school if you've graduated.