Federally Qualified Health Centers / FQHCs

Started by deleted285117
Tags Tags
fqhc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted285117

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone have work experience at an FQHC? I was trying to find salary (looking into FL) and work life information online, but not a whole lot of luck. I am considering this as a career option post-residency.

Thanks! 👍
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Forgot to mention, I am going into podiatry. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you!
 
I am currently at a FQHC in NM. I rotated through multiple south and central florida FQHCs in med school. There are some generalities that can be said about FQHC: More rural clinics often have a slower pace, pay better, but you may be socially isolated if you are not from the area for at least a few years. Pay averages around the mid $100K range for medical docs but I imagine is similar for podiatry. For our dentists at least (we dont have podiatry) there is issue with accessing treatments that require expensive materials. The people I see succeed in the FQHC setting are those who believe in the mission of community medicine and increased access to care. I have seen many burn out quickly who go to FQHC for financial or lifestyle perks (they do have a few =)).