Fee Assistance Program (FAP) 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If anyone hears back, please g̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶u̶s̶ ̶h̶o̶p̶e̶ let us know!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't heard anything, and I mailed all of my documents on the 3rd. I would like to be in an early batch, and apparently the 1st batch is going out this Friday. I'm going to call them, and if I still haven't heard anything by the end of this week I'm going to just suck it up and pay the extra so I can get my application in (then I have to wait for GPA verification!) already. The website says it can take up to 5 business days to process your application, but it has been a lot longer than that already.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got an email saying I was approved. I submitted my FAP application on June 4th. I called them last week and told me they were having some computer problems. Hopefully you all will here soon.

Nice, the first to hear back. Mine still says "under review". Sent out on the 3rd and received on the 5th.

I haven't heard anything, and I mailed all of my documents on the 3rd. I would like to be in an early batch, and apparently the 1st batch is going out this Friday. I'm going to call them, and if I still haven't heard anything by the end of this week I'm going to just suck it up and pay the extra so I can get my application in (then I have to wait for GPA verification!) already. The website says it can take up to 5 business days to process your application, but it has been a lot longer than that already.
Great to hear that people are hearing back!

Yes, I've been thinking of doing the same. However, I thought that the first batch went out last Friday.
Please let me know if you can find a phone number to reach them at. The phone number previously posted does not appear to be in service, and they haven't been answering my emails. Thanks!

Last edited:
I gave them a call today (that same number), and they said that the woman in charge of FAP is not in the office today (is she?) !?! It's been over 2 weeks and now i mised the first batch

I gave them a call today (that same number), and they said that the woman in charge of FAP is not in the office today (is she?) !?! It's been over 2 weeks and now i mised the first batch
They only have one person doing this, AND she's away? Good grief...

I saw a post on here saying first batch is the 20th this year, so this Friday. I'm giving it to the end of this week, and then I'm submitting. Can't believe the person in charge has apparent;y been out since the beginning of the cycle! wth

how long are they going to take..........

I saw a post on here saying first batch is the 20th this year, so this Friday. I'm giving it to the end of this week, and then I'm submitting. Can't believe the person in charge has apparent;y been out since the beginning of the cycle! wth
Apparently a select few were approved yesterday. However, I called as well, and someone told me that the woman in charge of the program will return on Friday.
Does this mean that if we submit on Friday we will be part of the first batch? Or do they send everything out Friday morning?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Nope, after you submit, you will have to wait them calculating your GPA, which is another 2 weeks

If they told you the woman will be back this friday (who going back to work on friday!?), i will just submit mine now. We already wait for over half a month!

Nope, after you submit, you will have to wait them calculating your GPA, which is another 2 weeks

If they told you the woman will be back this friday (who going back to work on friday!?), i will just submit mine now. We already wait for over half a month!
So we have to wait two weeks from when we submit to get into a batch to be sent out to schools?

Yep, which approximately 3rd batch. That's the trend i know, someone correct me if i am wrong

Yep, which approximately 3rd batch. That's the trend i know, someone correct me if i am wrong
:dead: That's not good...
Would I get into the second batch if I submit Thursday? (Assuming Friday would already roll over into the third batch)
Is that bad, or still considered early?

:dead: That's not good...
Would I get into the second batch if I submit Thursday? (Assuming Friday would already roll over into the third batch)
Is that bad, or still considered early?
Not sure if you would get into 2nd batch if you submit Thursday (today I'm assuming). Depends how long it takes to verify GPA. Maybe 2nd or 3rd, either way it's still early. I'm waiting to see if anything happens tomorrow, and if not, I will e-submit Saturday morning.

yeah same here! cannot put up with this begging money game & delay my application anymore :ninja:

Not sure if you would get into 2nd batch if you submit Thursday (today I'm assuming). Depends how long it takes to verify GPA. Maybe 2nd or 3rd, either way it's still early. I'm waiting to see if anything happens tomorrow, and if not, I will e-submit Saturday morning.

Yes, this is absolutely ridiculous. Must get these apps out ASAP!

Guys, you are rushing things for no reason. Give it at least until the end of the month. They are backed up with a lot of FAP applications, I'm sure.

Is submitting a week earlier really worth a few hundred dollars?! It wouldn't be to me, especially applying this early.

GPA verification won't take a terribly long time. Right now, it looks like the turnaround is anywhere from 2-7 days. At the most, it will be 2 weeks.

A friendly reminder: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/the-first-batch-hullabaloo.1065887/

Hey guys...I submitted my FAP application on the 4th of this month and still haven't heard anything :( I mailed all of my documents in on the 5th too. Is anyone in the same boat as me?

Thank you Glimmer!

AADSAS finally posted an official anouncement: "ADEA AADSAS is currently experiencing delays in processing FAP applications for the 2015 cycle. Please continue to check the status of your application online. We appreciate your patience."

so I guess we just wait a little bit longer

Thank you Glimmer!

AADSAS finally posted an official anouncement: "ADEA AADSAS is currently experiencing delays in processing FAP applications for the 2015 cycle. Please continue to check the status of your application online. We appreciate your patience."

so I guess we just wait a little bit longer

OHH..gotcha. Thanks for the update!

Guys, you are rushing things for no reason. Give it at least until the end of the month. They are backed up with a lot of FAP applications, I'm sure.

Is submitting a week earlier really worth a few hundred dollars?! It wouldn't be to me, especially applying this early.

GPA verification won't take a terribly long time. Right now, it looks like the turnaround is anywhere from 2-7 days. At the most, it will be 2 weeks.

A friendly reminder: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/the-first-batch-hullabaloo.1065887/
Thanks, Glimmer,! I actually thought of your thread yesterday with all this "first batch" madness. For some reason, everyone that I spoke to is pushing me to submit as early as I can, so I assumed it would not be worth the wait. I would absolutely love to get approved for the program, but people are telling me that it might not be worth the wait... Not sure who to go with on this, since I see all the fuss on SDN. As always, I appreciate your help so much!

Hey guys...I submitted my FAP application on the 4th of this month and still haven't heard anything :( I mailed all of my documents in on the 5th too. Is anyone in the same boat as me?

Have you read any of this thread?! LOL...

Have you read any of this thread?! LOL...
Of course! Lol
That is why I have not submitted my application yet. I do, however, want to get it out ASAP. My deal is, I'm not 100% sure if I really qualify for the program, so it may not even be worth the wait if I am only waiting for a rejection.

Of course! Lol
That is why I have not submitted my application yet. I do, however, want to get it out ASAP. My deal is, I'm not 100% sure if I really qualify for the program, so it may not even be worth the wait if I am only waiting for a rejection.

I didn't quote your post, girl! :D I quoted iheartnoodles...

Thank you for easing my mind, haha. It's easy to feel stressed out by this. I guess they are really are backed up, it makes sense because this year the FAP is worth a lot more, so more people are probably applying. I'll wait a little longer, especially since my final transcript hasn't been posted as received yet!

So I just contacted the woman in charge of the program, and she said that no applications will be processed until next week because there is a glitch in their system... Do you guys think it's still worth the wait?

So I just contacted the woman in charge of the program, and she said that no applications will be processed until next week because there is a glitch in their system... Do you guys think it's still worth the wait?

I guess it depends on how much you really *need* the money.

Heck yeah, I'd wait another week or two in order to save a few hundred bucks. This issue isn't even as time-sensitive as you all are worried about. :)

I would give it until at least July 4th. I'm serious, guys--being super early is not all that important.

Really? I mean, I know it is still early, but it's very frustrating knowing everything else is all ready and I'm just waiting on this FAP. I do need the money though....I'm going to give it until next week b/c I'm taking my DAT Tuesday, so I guess my app isn't exactly complete now anyway. But that's as long as i'll wait. Like @glimmer said, I guess whether it's worth it or not depends on how bad you need the money. I need it pretty bad, but not bad enough to have this damn app hanging over my head any longer! lol

I was approved a couple of days ago so they're still going through them slowly but surely.

If you're able to afford the app then you should pay the full amount and submit early. This program is meant for applicants who really don't have the money... I really don't mean this in a rude way but I find it kind of offensive that some of you applied for the assistance but are willing to pay the full amount just to get your application in a week earlier. You could be taking away that money from someone who really can't apply without the assistance.

I was approved a couple of days ago so they're still going through them slowly but surely.

If you're able to afford the app then you should pay the full amount and submit early. This program is meant for applicants who really don't have the money... I really don't mean this in a rude way but I find it kind of offensive that some of you applied for the assistance but are willing to pay the full amount just to get your application in a week earlier. You could be taking away that money from someone who really can't apply without the assistance.

Thanks for the update & I ditto that as well...

If I must, then I must. If it's a toss up between paying a few extra hundred dollars, or missing my shot at dental school, I have to weigh my options carefully. No one applies to this program if they don't believe that they are eligible. Obviously, we are all in difficult financial situations, and no one should be judged based on their need or willingness to do whatever they can at a shot at their dreams.

I am pretty sure that those of us who have applied for FAP are doing so because we truly need the help. To insinuate that we are stealing the money from others who need it is offensive. I would not have applied if I didn't need it. You don't know any of us other than what is posted in short sentences on a website. Yes, if the FAP application takes too long, I will scramble, dig, beg, and borrow in order to get my app in if I feel it's necessary for my acceptance to dental school, b/c that is what I have been busting my butt for the last 3 years to achieve. That definitely does not mean I have a big fat bank account filled with hundred dollar bills. If any of you felt that way, I'm sorry.

I am going to say this one more time and then kindly extricate myself from this conversation. :) Please read the first batch hullabaloo thread. If you have everything in by August, you are fine. At this point, this is nowhere near being a toss up between getting into dental school and saving a few hundred dollars.

Right now, the only toss is is between being arbitrarily "early" and saving a few hundred dollars.

I think maybe CoFe just gets the gist of things when it comes to early applications. I don't think he's trying to be unnecessarily harsh. It is not necessary to apply this early. Looking in from the outside--having gone through this process--I can assure you that if money is tight, it is not worth a few hundred dollars to submit right now. I did not qualify for the FAP, but I would have DEFINITELY waited to apply if I did. This cycle, I would wait until July 11th.

I went through all of this last year, as did many others that are still helping out on SDN. It will not make or break your application if you don't submit in June. Or early July. Most schools don't even start looking at applications until August. If you apply by early August, you have just as good of a shot at getting a pre-December interview as anyone else. Sure, maybe you won't be in the very first round of interview invites... but so long as it's before December, who cares?

*rolls eyes* That's not how it works. If you're approved, you're approved. They don't say "Only the 100 most neediest people get it" anyone who qualifies gets it, no one is taking money away from anyone. Paying the extra $400 would hurt a lot but I will do it if it means actually getting my app looked at.

I think maybe CoFe just gets the gist of things when it comes to early applications. I don't think he's trying to be unnecessarily harsh. It is not necessary to apply this early. Looking in from the outside--having gone through this process--I can assure you that if money is tight, it is not worth a few hundred dollars to submit right now. I did not qualify for the FAP, but I would have DEFINITELY waited to apply if I did. This cycle, I would wait until July 11th.

yes yes yes this is exactly what I meant! I'm not accusing anyone of being a bad person or stealing or ANY of that. Thank you Glimmer for stating it better than I could. If I hadn't heard back from FAP by early-mid July, then I would start asking the "is it worth it" questions but june 10th vs june 20th doesn't make a difference...

Also not that it matters but I'm a girl :)

*rolls eyes* That's not how it works. If you're approved, you're approved. They don't say "Only the 100 most neediest people get it" anyone who qualifies gets it, no one is taking money away from anyone. Paying the extra $400 would hurt a lot but I will do it if it means actually getting my app looked at.

well... kind of. They only have so much money to give and once they're out they're out. So if they give it all out before getting to the application of someone really really needy that person would be SOL.

But I'm not trying to start any arguments! I'll just shut my mouth :unsure:

I was approved! Email received yesterday morning! What a relief!!! Good luck everyone!

I was approved! Email received yesterday morning! What a relief!!! Good luck everyone!
Strange... I was told the were holding off all application reviews until next week because there was a glitch in their system.

Strange... I was told the were holding off all application reviews until next week because there was a glitch in their system.

I haven't heard back either and I also submitted everything on June 3rd. I've tried emailing, as well, and like you, have not received a reply. I, unfortunately, would not be able to submit my app without assistance, and find this delay very frustrating, especially since several people have been approved. I hope you will continue to post updates, Kavity! I will be sure to do the same if I hear anything.

I haven't heard back either and I also submitted everything on June 3rd. I've tried emailing, as well, and like you, have not received a reply. I, unfortunately, would not be able to submit my app without assistance, and find this delay very frustrating, especially since several people have been approved. I hope you will continue to post updates, Kavity! I will be sure to do the same if I hear anything.
Much appreciated! Best of luck to you, Dani!

I just found out I was approved