Fee assistance program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jy777

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I have a question. I hope I didn't completely ruin my chances for getting financial assistance...

I applied for the FAP. My parents hadn't filed for their taxes, so I put down a rough estimate for their Gross income (They own their a business, so the gross income doesn't vary too much year to year).
Anyways, my dad gets a pension and social security. I added that into the gross income section as well. BUT they should have been added into the non taxable portion.

I rushed my mom to file her taxes because I didn't know they would need a copy. My estimate was right, only a few hundred dollars off, but I'm freaking out because the numbers don't match up since I neglected to separate the incomes into the 2 sections.

Any advice on what to do?
I plan on calling them tomorrow.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Am I the only one who came into this thread thinking something completely inappropriate?

Members don't see this ad :)
So, I have a question. I hope I didn't completely ruin my chances for getting financial assistance...

I applied for the FAP. My parents hadn't filed for their taxes, so I put down a rough estimate for their Gross income (They own their a business, so the gross income doesn't vary too much year to year).
Anyways, my dad gets a pension and social security. I added that into the gross income section as well. BUT they should have been added into the non taxable portion.

I rushed my mom to file her taxes because I didn't know they would need a copy. My estimate was right, only a few hundred dollars off, but I'm freaking out because the numbers don't match up since I neglected to separate the incomes into the 2 sections.

Thanks

obviously calling them tomorrow is the best way to get accurate information.

When I applied I guestimated the numbers and was also a bit off; I still got accepted. I think the application is just to weed people out and they use the numbers off of your tax forms to make the real decisions.

Thanks

calm down, you are being completely ridiculous. There is no need to be upset.

don't worry about it. The screening questions just separate the Definitely nos from the probably yes's so they don't request financials from everyone. If the actual documents indicate you are eligible, you will be granted

And you all want to become doctor. Grow up..

Thank you for those who responded in a mature way. I really appreciate your help.
Good luck to you all

And you all want to become doctor. Grow up..

Thank you for those who responded in a mature way. I really appreciate your help.
Good luck to you all

Don't take it personally. This place can get very high strung, especially around this time of the year. Most often it only takes one post to accurately and sufficiently answer a question. Otherwise, users like to unwind a bit. It's pretty reasonable, actually. There's a lot of crazy-tense type A about with so many premeds, it's nice to cut the seriousness a bit.

FAP was always an unfortunate acronym.

Anyways, best of luck with your cycle. If you have anymore questions, feel free to ask.