Feedback on NYCOM & PCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

DOGBOY

I was hoping to get some feedback from people who are either attending NYCOM or PCOM, who will be attending either of these schools, or who interviewed there. I am looking for what you guys thought were the positives and negatives about these two schools or anything that you may have heard.

Members don't see this ad.

DOGBOY,
I applied to both PCOM and NYCOM. As far as NYCOM goes, I never heard anything from them. They sent me a postcard informing me that I will be notified for an interview if chosen. But that's about it.
PCOM is where I will be headed in the fall. The interview is very relaxed and the faculty seems to be genuinely concerned about their students. I enjoyed the whole experience, from the facilities to the actual interview. If you have any specific questions about the school, I will be happy to answer them.

Good Luck.

------------------

Keneth C.Plowey (PCOM '03)
[email protected]

I applied to both and got rejected from both, so in one sense I am impartial and in another I am completely biased. Actually to be truthful, I never heard AT ALL from NYCOM after my interview. So maybe they accepted me but just forgot to tell me. I have heard enough stories about NYCOM similar to mine to think that this is not beyond them.

I would say PCOM all the way. They presented themselves as much more of a class act.

That's just my opinion.

Johan Aasbo
Happy at CCOM

Members don't see this ad :)
What kind of stats does it take to get an interview at PCOM, how about acceptance?

I interviewed with NYCOM in the beginning of December and right before Christmas they sent me a certified acceptance letter. I had a great time at my interview. There were two committees doing the interviews and I had my interview with the easy one (from what I found out from the others). The questions were typical premed questions (e.g. why do you want to be a D.O.? or What do you see yourself doing in five years?). Afterwards, there was a extensive tour by two first year students.