Feedback on NYCOM & PCOM

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by DOGBOY, Mar 28, 1999.

1. I was hoping to get some feedback from people who are either attending NYCOM or PCOM, who will be attending either of these schools, or who interviewed there. I am looking for what you guys thought were the positives and negatives about these two schools or anything that you may have heard.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. KennyP

KennyP Junior Member

DOGBOY,
    I applied to both PCOM and NYCOM. As far as NYCOM goes, I never heard anything from them. They sent me a postcard informing me that I will be notified for an interview if chosen. But that's about it.
    PCOM is where I will be headed in the fall. The interview is very relaxed and the faculty seems to be genuinely concerned about their students. I enjoyed the whole experience, from the facilities to the actual interview. If you have any specific questions about the school, I will be happy to answer them.

Good Luck.

------------------

Keneth C.Plowey (PCOM '03)
    [email protected]

4. jdaasbo

jdaasbo Senior Member

I applied to both and got rejected from both, so in one sense I am impartial and in another I am completely biased. Actually to be truthful, I never heard AT ALL from NYCOM after my interview. So maybe they accepted me but just forgot to tell me. I have heard enough stories about NYCOM similar to mine to think that this is not beyond them.

I would say PCOM all the way. They presented themselves as much more of a class act.

That's just my opinion.

Johan Aasbo
    Happy at CCOM

5. njdevil

Attending Physician
    What kind of stats does it take to get an interview at PCOM, how about acceptance?

6. Robert

Robert Member

I interviewed with NYCOM in the beginning of December and right before Christmas they sent me a certified acceptance letter. I had a great time at my interview. There were two committees doing the interviews and I had my interview with the easy one (from what I found out from the others). The questions were typical premed questions (e.g. why do you want to be a D.O.? or What do you see yourself doing in five years?). Afterwards, there was a extensive tour by two first year students.