Feedback wanted: I made an app for surgeons

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

O.R. Billing

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an ortho P.A who has worked one-on-one with a foot/ankle surgeon for 8 years.

Early in my career, I noticed my surgeon bringing handwritten forms into the office every Monday. These were reports of the surgeries he had done the previous week, on which he wrote procedure codes that he had looked up in CPT books and that he then sent to his office coder.

That seemed ridiculous in this technological age--and few EMRs address this communication need--so I created O.R. Billing. This is a website where any surgeons (not just ortho) can look up CPT and ICD codes, add patient information, and email it to their office staff. The logical time to do this is right after surgery when post-op orders are being entered; for some cases it takes less than a minute for me to get this done.

If anyone is interested in trying out O.R. Billing and providing feedback, email me at [email protected] and I'll create an account for you. (CPT data is intellectual property of the AMA, so I have to keep track of users.)

Thanks!
Jamie
orbilling.com

Members don't see this ad.