Feel Like I fail COMLEX PE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WPW1980

Reaction score
Okay, So I am really nervous about failing my PE. Losing hair is an understatement. I felt so anxious throughout the exam and I feel like I probably made more mistakes cause everything is just a blur!

Here are my mistakes:

Forgot to document a significant physical exam system in two, like the whole system

Wrote down denies for a section on the Subjective when she said she did have a positive finding, it was an honest mistake

Forgot to document tobacco use for one and discuss in room but in the plan stated will discuss next encounter

Did not discuss the entire plan to one patient

Am worried that my OMT technique for one was not adequate

Did not rescreen more than asking if it feels better

My ROS was one line and sometimes it said to look at paragraph above cause I ran out of time but noted in my HPI paragraph

What I did do:

Washed my hands, made eye contact, draped, asked to take notes or asked permission to start physical exam

I had 5-6 differentials and my plan was detailed enough, each objective had general heart and lungs. Some had a more pertinent.

My subjective had everything included basically

I made eye contact and was empathetic, I wrote down all my vitals.

I do not know overall I am very nervous and scared I do not get my scores til December 3rd.

Members don't see this ad.

Everyone feels like they failed. 90%+ pass. You’re probably fine. You remember what you screwed up clearly, and forget what you did right.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I forgot to write RICE in two plans too, I don't know. Are there any patterns in people that pass versus fail? In terms of SOAP note and OMT

I do not know what RICE is. But my PLAN probably killed 2 patients and still passed. You are probably fine, as long as you have all OLDCARTS and at least 3 DDx. Are you nice to all SD? Most people seem to fail on humanistic part though

I do not know what RICE is. But my PLAN probably killed 2 patients and still passed. You are probably fine, as long as you have all OLDCARTS and at least 3 DDx. Are you nice to all SD? Most people seem to fail on humanistic part though
Rest, ice, compression, elevation

Reactions: 1 user
I was very nice (I think lol). I had 5-6 diagnosis, it is just my objective portion on 3 only had General, Vitals, Heart and Lungs. I completed my subjective with all information and I finished the plan. Just. So. Nervous. I am worried about the Biomechanical. On the NBOME site it said on the past three years most fail biomechanical

Last edited:
I was very nice (I think lol). I had 5-6 diagnosis, it is just my objective portion on 3 only had General, Vitals, Heart and Lungs. I completed my subjective with all information and I finished the plan. Just. So. Nervous. I am worried about the Biomechanical. On the NBOME site it said on the past three years most fail biomechanical
From what I understand a large reason for that is people documenting things they didn't do. When you're 9 or 10 patients in and you're typing your note it gets really hard to remember if you asked the last person about allergies/fam hx/etc.

From what I understand a large reason for that is people documenting things they didn't do. When you're 9 or 10 patients in and you're typing your note it gets really hard to remember if you asked the last person about allergies/fam hx/etc.

Ya I made that mistake. One patient states she had an allergy and I accidentally wrote denies. But that was the only mistake I made in terms of documentation.