Feeling discouraged and worried about DAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted768895

Hey guys,
My DAT is in 10 days and I have been studying for a long time now (~2.5 monthes). I just did two semesters of Gen Chem and Orgo combined (because my did my degree outside the country) anyways, I worked super hard and got all A's. So obviously they were still fresh in my mind, nonetheless I went through all of Mikes videos and quizzes, completed the DAT Destroyer once, and so the past week i've started doing bootcamp. I just feel really discouraged by my scores, I really dont know what to do and I dont know how to raise them (regarding orgo and gen chem). I do feel like i am capable to do very well in these subjects and I thought a lot of hard work would do the job, but i don't know how much harder i have to try...
so Ive only done 3 tests for orgo and my scores are ; 19, 22, 19
Gen Chem; 18,23,22,18

I really know I can do better, and getting 18/19 is just not good, I am not happy about this - im trying to get a 23AA + and I would like to use my stronger subjects to my advantage. Does anyone have any recommendations/advice? I dont want to plateau around ~21/22 I need to get getting higher!! And reading everyones incredible breakdowns and how they did equally as good in bootcamp is leading me to think this is the best i will do on the real thing, and I really cant have that

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys,
My DAT is in 10 days and I have been studying for a long time now (~2.5 monthes). I just did two semesters of Gen Chem and Orgo combined (because my did my degree outside the country) anyways, I worked super hard and got all A's. So obviously they were still fresh in my mind, nonetheless I went through all of Mikes videos and quizzes, completed the DAT Destroyer once, and so the past week i've started doing bootcamp. I just feel really discouraged by my scores, I really dont know what to do and I dont know how to raise them (regarding orgo and gen chem). I do feel like i am capable to do very well in these subjects and I thought a lot of hard work would do the job, but i don't know how much harder i have to try...
so Ive only done 3 tests for orgo and my scores are ; 19, 22, 19
Gen Chem; 18,23,22,18

I really know I can do better, and getting 18/19 is just not good, I am not happy about this - im trying to get a 23AA + and I would like to use my stronger subjects to my advantage. Does anyone have any recommendations/advice? I dont want to plateau around ~21/22 I need to get getting higher!! And reading everyones incredible breakdowns and how they did equally as good in bootcamp is leading me to think this is the best i will do on the real thing, and I really cant have that
Feel free to message me and I will be happy to offer some advice..do not be so hard on yourself..no time test will predict exactly what you will get on the actual DAT. I would be more interested in seeing your score on the 2009 ADA DAT exam.

Nancy

Those scores you are getting are very similar to the scores I got on a few bootcamp tests so just make sure that you are looking at the explanations, and that you understand where you went wrong. If I were you I would try to get through as many of the bootcamp tests as possible before your test (making sure to go over all of the explanations). Also the 2007 and 2009 DAT's were pretty informative as to where I was in my studying so if you have time, it wouldn't hurt to take the SNS portions of those as well. Best of luck on your test.

There is a quote that I stuck by during my studies, because I knew that I could do better than the practice scores (consistently around 20-23) that I was getting.
"You have to believe that something different can happen."
Keep grinding.

Reactions: 2 users
Those scores you are getting are very similar to the scores I got on a few bootcamp tests so just make sure that you are looking at the explanations, and that you understand where you went wrong. If I were you I would try to get through as many of the bootcamp tests as possible before your test (making sure to go over all of the explanations). Also the 2007 and 2009 DAT's were pretty informative as to where I was in my studying so if you have time, it wouldn't hurt to take the SNS portions of those as well. Best of luck on your test.

There is a quote that I stuck by during my studies, because I knew that I could do better than the practice scores (consistently around 20-23) that I was getting.
"You have to believe that something different can happen."
Keep grinding.
Thank you! That is a really good quote actually :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! That is a really good quote actually :)
I really second what @Ayyyds said, I was getting the same sorts of scores you're getting on BC, and I scored higher in all subjects. Do all tests 1-10, take the 2007/2009, and believe in yourself! You got this!! Best of luck :)

Reactions: 2 users
I really second what @Ayyyds said, I was getting the same sorts of scores you're getting on BC, and I scored higher in all subjects. Do all tests 1-10, take the 2007/2009, and believe in yourself! You got this!! Best of luck :)
Thank you :) thats really encouraging to read!