feeling veryyyy sad and depressed...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

intellidentia

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello frs,

iam feeling very depressed looking at my score ...right now it dropped to 85 in the new format part 1. my previous score being --89........ i feel so awful and not still getting its reality or am i dreaming....... my q is what shud i do now? iam going to study fr part 2 but still i feel icant make it with such a low score in the new format. believe me, my exam was real tough and i still wonder ive done it so baddddd. really feeling like fit fr nothing and a sincere suggetion to all the retakers., pl think twice before retaking especially if uve a score of 88 or 89. anyway its jus my opinion. pl frs pl suggest me what shud i do. thanks and good luck to all.
p.s---pl dont send me any pms asking abt the qs or anything from my exam. iam not in a position to answer any of those.thanks fr onderstanding. good luck to all.bye.............

Members don't see this ad.

Hey........dont feel sooo bad........score is not the only criteria........take ur part 2 and try to get a very good score in that..u can do it.....in the meantime try to improve ur resume by working as a dental asst or teaching..people with scores less than 85 have been admitted...so all is not lost.....and dont be pessimistic about anything..i know at a time like this it's very hard not to.......but try getting out of this mood......coz this will not give u the drive to achieve anything......start with a fresh mind and u will do it....good luck....cheer up!!!!!!

As i told every one even before ,pls donot try to give re exam if you are in 80's coz there is always a risk , see the national average is well in 80's now.. so all in 80's donot worry we might get a chance in the next cycle..
intell... donot get depressed you tried your best... and 85 is not bad at all..

Members don't see this ad :)
[I believe that you are in a verry good position .........you have 85 (most of the people have 82 or 84 in the new format) , you have everything fresh in your mind ,and you have the experience of the new format (which is the most important ) . You have only to focus your studies on the part that you find new and difficult . In plus ,you have enough time to pass again before to send the applications.
It is hard ,,,,,,,,,but you did 95% ,,,,,,,,what you have to do now is much eassier.
Good luck ,don`t spend the time and start to study again!

dear dont lose heart, but i can understand your situation study ur best for part2 dont look back, life is all abt moving ahead be persistent in ur goal results can get delayed but hard work always pays,

dont sit at home do clinical volunteer work that will make u feel good and add to ur cv

good luck

Hi! Dont Worry.this Time People With 85 Are Admitted In Nyu.so Take It Easy.best Of Luck.

Hi There

First of all, let me tell you that I know the pain & effort it takes to take exam for the second time.So...not for one moment should you think that I am advising you for the heck of it.Your score is good... you just feel bad becoz it is lower than what you had before when you aimed for a higher one.
I have been admitted to school already & am kind of familiar with the system.So,one thing I would advise you is not to lose heart.It's failures that determine how strong we are on the inside.If you are feeling dejected now, you should come out stronger out of this situation.
I personally donot think taking part 2 will make much of a difference. Many schools don't even consider NDB 2 score.
So, be strong, just think of all the deficiencies you felt you had in exam,cover them up,& take your exam (part 1) again.You still have time on your side .You did get score of 89 before.You can do it for sure.
best of luck............:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: If you need some help,let me know.
DENTZY

Hi
part 2 does make a difference, a big difference. if you have a good part 2 score it makes a huge difference, this i have been told by a professor who is a part of admissions comittee so it does make a difference try to score high in part 2.