Fees for EEG

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neurologo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hope this is the right forum for this question.

What is the typical fees private neurology groups charge for reading EEGs for hospitals when hospitals are getting all the reimbursement for the facility and tech portions?
Also if we provide the techs also, what would be the reasonable fees we can charge for both the physician and tech portions?
Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

My experience has been that contracted routine EEG reimbursement is rather poor for the physician component, typically in the $40-$100 range. Sometimes there is a multiplier for stat or after hours reads. I haven’t had experience supplying techs and factoring in their billing.

I hope this is the right forum for this question.

What is the typical fees private neurology groups charge for reading EEGs for hospitals when hospitals are getting all the reimbursement for the facility and tech portions?
Also if we provide the techs also, what would be the reasonable fees we can charge for both the physician and tech portions?
Thanks in advance.

Total medicare RVUs for a routine EEG are 11. Although physician component is about 1. A hospital gets paid about $300-400 for one.
In a fair system, you should be getting $100-125 per EEG. Probably at least another $75-100 for the tech portion.
Find out how much the hospital charges for an EEG from the billings section.