Fellow San Antonio, Texas Pharmacists - please help if you can

Started by Mar217
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mar217

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently reciprocated my license and need help finding a job in San Antonio. I would like help re entering pharmacy since I have not been able to work in a few years. Please let me know if you know who I can talk to to get back into working. I feel like I need a connection to get back into working and would greatly appreciate any help. I worked for CVS last, but I have worked for other retail stores, Merck, and hospital in the past. I am confident in my abilities and I will consider any pharmacist job, part time, full time, per diem, nights, whatever is in need. I am in the north area (stone oak) but can travel. Please let me know if you can help. Thank you.
 
I know someone who works at Caremark, the big mail order place there, and has for many years. He also had to get a Pennsylvania license, although IDK if everyone has to do that too. They would let you know, I'm sure.
 
I recently reciprocated my license and need help finding a job in San Antonio. I would like help re entering pharmacy since I have not been able to work in a few years. Please let me know if you know who I can talk to to get back into working. I feel like I need a connection to get back into working and would greatly appreciate any help. I worked for CVS last, but I have worked for other retail stores, Merck, and hospital in the past. I am confident in my abilities and I will consider any pharmacist job, part time, full time, per diem, nights, whatever is in need. I am in the north area (stone oak) but can travel. Please let me know if you can help. Thank you.
If you haven't already, get on LinkedIn. Start making connections with other pharmacists and local hospitals and pharmacies. Even if you don't know many people, send them an invitation anyway. You will be surprised at what can come out of this.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know someone who works at Caremark, the big mail order place there, and has for many years. He also had to get a Pennsylvania license, although IDK if everyone has to do that too. They would let you know, I'm sure.
Thank you for your reply! I would be so grateful if you could connect me with him. I used to do mail order with Merck. I am licensed in TX and CT. Please pm me. Are you a pharmacist in TX also?
 
If you haven't already, get on LinkedIn. Start making connections with other pharmacists and local hospitals and pharmacies. Even if you don't know many people, send them an invitation anyway. You will be surprised at what can come out of this.

Thank you, will do !
 
Thank you for your reply! I would be so grateful if you could connect me with him. I used to do mail order with Merck. I am licensed in TX and CT. Please pm me. Are you a pharmacist in TX also?

Turns out today was his last day, so they may have an opening. It sounds like he's retiring.