Fellowship application will be late to completion?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sliceofbread136

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Applying for pedi pulm. Will have my application submitted today but won’t have a step 3 score for 2 weeks and my lors are still efdo processing.

How big a deal will this be?

Members don't see this ad.

Step 3 is irrelevant. Assuming letters will finish processing in the next day or two I wouldn't worry.

Didn’t mention that my Pd hasn’t posted his... and it will take 5-6 business days after.

Assuming not complete until beginning of August from that perspective how bad is this... like wait until next year bad or a much lower level of bad

Members don't see this ad :)
Didn’t mention that my Pd hasn’t posted his... and it will take 5-6 business days after.

Assuming not complete until beginning of August from that perspective how bad is this... like wait until next year bad or a much lower level of bad
Since 60% of the pediatric pulmonary programs go unfilled, you’ll be fine.

Fellowship applications are often considered throughout the season. It is not a first come first serve process, even at top places. You'll be fine. As noted, top applicants can often name their ticket in several fields and PDs look at applications throughout finding the best to invite.

Was trying to read previous posts on this topic. I wanna say we CAN submit application despite letters (I also am missing my PD letter) and once they come in you assign and programs can see them? Correct me if wrong. I'm assuming they wouldn't look at your application until all your letters are in though.

Was trying to read previous posts on this topic. I wanna say we CAN submit application despite letters (I also am missing my PD letter) and once they come in you assign and programs can see them? Correct me if wrong. I'm assuming they wouldn't look at your application until all your letters are in though.

I sent my app without letters and got two interview invites the next day. Haven’t had any since and I got my letters in last week

So some may look at your app with no letters

I sent my app without letters and got two interview invites the next day. Haven’t had any since and I got my letters in last week

So some may look at your app with no letters

Applied yesterday with all my letters :)

Reactions: 1 user