Fellowship hours

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MikeTheGipper

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey I was just curious about the hours GI fellows work compared to hours worked as an IM resident? I'm sure like many things this varies from program to program and depends on how many fellows and residents there are, but I was wondering if anyone could share their experience as to the hours worked, call, and/or lifestyle they have had as an IM resident and then as a GI fellow?
 
Same hours as residency. However, you spend most of your time on your feet, doing physical work instead of on your ass writing notes. And you get to do call from home.