Fellowship Interview Invites, a Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xela2018

Reaction score
Hello, I'm applying to fellowship this year and have a question. The fellowship I'm applying for is uncompetitive, but I have only received two interview invitations so far. They're both great programs, but two is not enough. Based on what people are posting on the interview invite thread, it seems that about half of the programs I applied to have already sent out invites. I'm nervous. Should I let my program director know? Should I send emails of interest? Is now the time to reach out to my recommenders and see how they could help me? Do I give it more time?

I'm not quite sure what to do. Advice would be helpful, thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello, I'm applying to fellowship this year and have a question. The fellowship I'm applying for is uncompetitive, but I have only received two interview invitations so far. They're both great programs, but two is not enough. Based on what people are posting on the interview invite thread, it seems that about half of the programs I applied to have already sent out invites. I'm nervous. Should I let my program director know? Should I send emails of interest? Is now the time to reach out to my recommenders and see how they could help me? Do I give it more time?

I'm not quite sure what to do. Advice would be helpful, thank you!
uncompetitive as in nephrology uncompetitive...2 is going to be ok because frankly there will be enough unfilled spots that you can scramble into something pretty decent even if you don't match.

It is still really early in the season. This year, I am helping my program with applicant selection. I just got my stack and we are still going through candidate application for interview invites! We won't offer invites for another 2 wks.

So, breath!