Ferris State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heroicvagabond

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone applied to Ferris and heard back at all?

Members don't see this ad.

I just applied. Are we emailed a supplemental app or do we find it online?

I just applied. Are we emailed a supplemental app or do we find it online?

There isn't a supplemental Application. You should receive an e-mail from Tara Lee confirm she received your application. Then the waiting game begins!

Members don't see this ad :)
welp that's one thing i can cross off my to-do list. haha

I got a confirmation email that is it. Has anyone heard anything about interviews?

I got a confirmation email that is it. Has anyone heard anything about interviews?

Just got the confirmation email as well. Anyone know when they started interviews last year?

Got an interview invite via email...there are 2 early interview dates....December 1st and 2nd

I think Thursday afternoon! does an early interview mean we have a better chance at being accepted?

Yes I think so because it is rolling admissions. I think mine is on Friday but I am considering cancelling because of things I have heard about the school and the interview :/

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I think so because it is rolling admissions. I think mine is on Friday but I am considering cancelling because of things I have heard about the school and the interview :/

the only bad thing about the school is its hard! but we were the only college of pharmacy to have 100% pass the licensing exam, thats something wayne and uofm students couldnt do, that says a lot about our program.

For anyone who is currently going to school there...was the interview open or closed file?

For anyone who is currently going to school there...was the interview open or closed file?

depends, it could be both. they dont really tell you, but they have paperwork with your name on it with them at the time of the interview, you are interviewed by 2-3 faculty members at the same time with a p4 there just watching you. have to write an essay too, before the interview. come early and check-in with tara lee

On the question of the interview being open or closed, I had my interview today and it was a closed interview with two faculty members from the Grand Rapids campus. The interview was preceded by a 30 minute writing session. After the interview was a short informational presentation with a P4 student and the Dean.

I'm posting this in Wayne State thread as well, but I just wanted to know what your pros and cons for FERRIS vs WAYNE STATE are, since I'll most likely be choosing between the two. I've heard rumors about both and wanted to know if you have any to share as well.

I like the idea of living in Detroit as opposed to Big Rapids but I'm also interested in the MBA/PharmD at Ferris. so any opinion is greatly appreciate!

I'm posting this in Wayne State thread as well, but I just wanted to know what your pros and cons for FERRIS vs WAYNE STATE are, since I'll most likely be choosing between the two. I've heard rumors about both and wanted to know if you have any to share as well.

I like the idea of living in Detroit as opposed to Big Rapids but I'm also interested in the MBA/PharmD at Ferris. so any opinion is greatly appreciate!

I have said the biggest PRO before, ferris has the best pass rate for the state boards out of all there Rx schools in the state, in fact its in the top 10 pharmacy schools list http://www.buzzle.com/articles/list-of-top-10-pharmacy-schools-in-america.html
and MBA/PharmD? they dont offer that right now for us so it might be something new but i wouldnt do it, we just had 9 exams in the past 10 days of class so there really isnt time for two grad programs!!!!! and big rapids is a nice town, im from the westside of detroit, but leaving it for a few months a year is not bad, you can be placed on rotations in the area too. and we just got a brand new building on the medical mile in downtown grand rapids ( ask about it during the interview! it shows the profs that you looked into the program ;) )
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150354745166031.397453.169355006030&type=3
look at the pictures, anyways what i am trying to say is you really cannot go wrong with ferris. im glad im a pharmacy student here.

congratulations.. I didn't even think Ferris accepted this early. Do you mind sharing your stats?

thank you.......

science gpa: 3.9
overall gpa: 3.9

PCAT:
verbal: 71
biology: 74
chemistry: 95
quantitative: 88
reading: 60
composite: 84

extracurricular:
volunteered in hospital (ER, radiology, pediatrics)

experience:
pharm tech at meijer since April 2011-present

I was just accepted as well!!! But I'm debating between Ferris and Wayne State.

GPA: 3.8ish
Composite: 82

i am trying to decide between ferris and wayne as well.... both are due fairly early in january.. do you mind sharing which way are you leaning towards/why?

I was just accepted as well!!! But I'm debating between Ferris and Wayne State.

GPA: 3.8ish
Composite: 82

I am leaning towards Wayne because of opportunities. Ferris offers the MBA through the summer, however this might be the one opportunity I get to live in a city and experience it. Ferris might be a bit duller but I feel comfortable and safe there. However, Detroit offers more opportunities for connection and employment through school. The only setback is potentially high rent and traffic. That aside, I am leaning towards Wayne overall due to the opportunities it will present, Ferris is the safe choice, and I want to take the risk.

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the Official Roll Call for Class of 2015/2016. Please post in the sticky thread your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).

Here is the link to the sticky thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

:):thumbup:

I see that you were accepted, congrats!

I was wondering if you could give some details about how the interview was? I am so nervous for mine!

the interview was very smooth.

i wrote the essay as soon as i got there, which i was very nervous about but it ended up being easy.
then i was taken to a room with two interviewers who told me about themselves and asked me about myself. we talked a little about why i wanted to go into pharmacy, asked any questions regarding ferris pharmacy program that i had, then we got into the scenario questions (like 5-6 pages worth, but they werent that bad)..they wrote tons of notes and were both very very nice. right when the 30 minutes was up i was on my way.

i wouldnt stress about the interview...out of the 3 schools i interviewed for this one was the most friendly

Just interviewed on Friday. The people were really nice, and it went a lot smoother than I had expected (I was really nervous).

Congrats everyone! Did you get something in the mail or an email ? I got an email saying I received a conditional acceptance from a school and need to do a police check so I'm wondering if mines on its way

Congrats everyone! Did you get something in the mail or an email ? I got an email saying I received a conditional acceptance from a school and need to do a police check so I'm wondering if mines on its way

I didn't get my acceptance from Ferris through email, it came snail mail. The letter they sent said more information about the background check and whatnot was forthcoming.

I got my letter through the mail back in December but because I had an offer at another school that needed their money and hadn't heard from ferris, I emailed them to see if they could give an answer any sooner. They replied within an hour and sent a pdf of my acceptance letter that was already on its way to me in the mail--the letter was in my mailbox the next day.

For those of you now accepted, are any of you for sure attending? If so, where are you guys living?

Last edited:
I got my letter through the mail back in December but because I had an offer at another school that needed their money and hadn't heard from ferris, I emailed them to see if they could give an answer any sooner. They replied within an hour and sent a pdf of my acceptance letter that was already on its way to me in the mail--the letter was in my mailbox the next day.

For those of you now accepted, are any of you for sure attending? If so, where are you guys living?

I am 99% sure that I'll be attending. I still have interviews scheduled at Wayne State and University of Kentucky, but I like what Ferris has to offer and my acceptance date is before the interview dates for the other two schools. At this point I have no idea where I'd be living, so if anyone has any ideas about living situations, I'm all ears.

Is there anyone here that is out of state and got accepted?

is it easy to become a resident of Michigan? because out of state tuition seems expensive.

Anyone know what is a good Inn or hotel to stay in Big rapids nearby the school campus if you are out of state or in state?

Hey everyone,
I had my interview on January 27th and got my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday! :laugh: Let me know what everyones decision is on living for the fall.

Hey everyone,
I had my interview on January 27th and got my acceptance letter in the mail yesterday! :laugh: Let me know what everyones decision is on living for the fall.

interesting, I went to the interview on Feb something, i forgot. they said they dont accept anyone until the end of feb. They said something about making decisions after ranking every person from all interviews.

You must have great stats maybe top 10 :)

Congrats on your acceptance!

I am going to be living in the townhouses on campus....they are so close to the college! Everything is included as well-cable, internet, washer and dryer in the basement, living and kitchen area on the first floor and bedrooms on the second floor. (They have 2 and 3 bedroom options).

Hey everyone,

Hello Everyone,
My interview was on 2.10.12 and I received my letter of acceptance in the mail today from Ferris. I'm planning to accept and attend this fall. :D

I am also curious about the possible living arrangements in Big Rapids, if anyone has looked into it and is willing to share.

I was also accepted this week and interviewed the 10th. I plan on attending. As montag36 stated, the townhouses look pretty nice. Anybody in the area have any input on where to live?

I just got accepted too and will be attending Ferris in the fall!

I had my interview on Jan. 27th and I received my acceptance on Feb. 4th! SOOOOO excited to start next fall! Congrats to everyone who got accepted!

Congrats on your acceptance!

I am going to be living in the townhouses on campus....they are so close to the college! Everything is included as well-cable, internet, washer and dryer in the basement, living and kitchen area on the first floor and bedrooms on the second floor. (They have 2 and 3 bedroom options).
Hey! I got into Ferris Pharm. School for fall 2012 as well! I am trying to decide where to live as I do not want to live in a dorm...anyone have any suggestions? On or off-campus apts? You said something about the townhouses on campus? I am probably going to have to look for a roommate as well.

Hi Skean, I've been looking into the housing situation in Big Rapids a lot lately, and am planning to tour a few of the apartment complexes soon. I've seen quite a few mixed reviews on this site:

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/MI-Big-Rapids.html

I used it as a starting point to narrow down my choices. Part of the problem I am seeing is that a large portion of the town is undergrad students, and there is a lot of noise/partying. Many of the complexes are rented by the room with a shared living area. Hopefully I'll be able to provide some better information after I visit Big Rapids again.