few NBDE questions, please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KKB

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 2 questions and would appreciate help on explanations. Thanks in advance.

1) What is the max number of amino acids that can be coded for a polyneucleotide which contains only ADENINE, URACIL and CYSTOCINE? and why

2) The following peptide carries which of the following charges in H2O at PH-7. ARG-LEU-PHE-LYS-GLU-GLY
a) 2 b) 1 c) 0 d) -1 e) -2 and why.

Members don't see this ad.

I have 2 questions and would appreciate help on explanations. Thanks in advance.

1) What is the max number of amino acids that can be coded for a polyneucleotide which contains only ADENINE, URACIL and CYSTOCINE? and why
3on step 3, that is 3*3*3=27 - 27 differnt combinations between the 3 bases to produce different codons for the different aminoacids

2) The following peptide carries which of the following charges in H2O at PH-7. ARG-LEU-PHE-LYS-GLU-GLY
a) 2 b) 1 c) 0 d) -1 e) -2 and why.
ARG is plus 1, so is glutamine, so in total charge of 2

Thanks a lot for the explanation. However the answer to 2nd question is B in crackthenbd sample exam. How would that be?

Members don't see this ad :)
so yes the answer is 1 as given in crack the nbde.

Think that is not correct. ARG also have positive charge. and also LyS. But Glu has negative charge of -1. Hence the answer is 1+1-1 = 1

All other have 0.

Check the same wiki link for answer. Or I am missing something?

Hey nbdenbde1 , you are right i think i read the 3 letter abbreviations wrong or something.....so yes
"ARG also have positive charge. and also LyS. But Glu has negative charge of -1. Hence the answer is 1+1-1 = 1" and the rest others are zero.

Sorry guys my mistake...:eek: