Europe Few questions about specialization in Italy.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Vagueclient

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone. I am generally confused about a few points regarding the residency for a non-EU citizen that graduated in Italy.

1- Can the specialization exam be repeated to get a better score, for a better chance to match into a residency spot?
2- After completing the residency training, how hard is it to secure a job afterwards being a non-EU citizen? As far as I have read Italy is in need for physicians in the recent years and is expected to need more in coming years too; is that true?
3- Which specialities are relatively easier to get into?
4- What are the average salaries like? I've seen different websites citing different numbers, so I'm uncertain of it.

Thank you in advance!
 
1 yes you can repeat the test as many times as you want
2 not sure, I guess it depends on your specialty. Italy is in need for anesthesiologists
3 Anesthesia (there are many spots each year), pathology, psychiatry
4 during residency is about 1500/month. which is really good if you live in the south, not that great if you live in Milan