Feb 9, 2020
Hi everyone. I am generally confused about a few points regarding the residency for a non-EU citizen that graduated in Italy.

1- Can the specialization exam be repeated to get a better score, for a better chance to match into a residency spot?
2- After completing the residency training, how hard is it to secure a job afterwards being a non-EU citizen? As far as I have read Italy is in need for physicians in the recent years and is expected to need more in coming years too; is that true?
3- Which specialities are relatively easier to get into?
4- What are the average salaries like? I've seen different websites citing different numbers, so I'm uncertain of it.

Thank you in advance!

Reactions: 1 user
Aug 18, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
1 yes you can repeat the test as many times as you want
2 not sure, I guess it depends on your specialty. Italy is in need for anesthesiologists
3 Anesthesia (there are many spots each year), pathology, psychiatry
4 during residency is about 1500/month. which is really good if you live in the south, not that great if you live in Milan

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.