Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Few questions after Submitting my app

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by glencoco, Aug 22, 2015.

1. glencoco

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hello everyone,

So I submitted my application on 8/19 and will be taking my PCAT in mid September and I had a few questions regarding this!
    1. will my application not be reviewed until they receive my PCAT score? which I assume will be towards the end of September since I'm taking it sept 16th. will I not get interview invites until october?
    2. IF secondaries are available, are we supposed to do them right away and send them in with our primary application? only one of the schools I applied to has their supplemental available!
    3. I wanted to know how long I will have to wait to get my GPA verified, I know pharmcas says 4-6 weeks, but do I really wait that long?

Thank you everyone in advance!

2. cyna

Pharmacy Student
    I'm not sure about #1.
    But...
    #2. Some schools have their supplements available on the school site and you turn it in with or after submitting the Pharmcas application. Some schools will email you a link for the supplement once your Pharmcas application is received.
    #3. Mine only look about 2.5 weeks to verify!

3. glencoco

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    when did you submit your application? I hear the earlier you submit, the less time it takes. and I don't know if i'm considered early or standard

4. cyna

Pharmacy Student
    I applied last cycle.
    I would say you're considered early!

5. MissOconnor

2+ Year Member

@glencoco did your GPA get verified yet?

6. glencoco

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    @MissOconnor Nope, still waiting! I'm not a patient person, it's taking everything in me to just sit back and do nothing but I really don't know what else to do at this point. I thought submitting it aug19th would help get it verified within a week or so..
    what about yours?

7. MissOconnor

2+ Year Member

No but then again I submitted on the 23rd. When I called they told me it's taking 4 weeks right now. I haveno patience for that.

8. glencoco

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    When did you call them? When you submitted or today? I just wanna see if it's four weeks starting today..

9. MissOconnor

2+ Year Member

I called them on Monday and asked where my application was in processing line and she said it should be verified in about 3 weeks

10. glencoco

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    That's the worst :/ I can't wait any longer! I really thought applying early (or what I thought was early) would speed up this process.

MissOconnor likes this.
  11. MissOconnor

2+ Year Member

@glencoco do you know if we can still get invites with out phatmcas being verified?

12. glencoco

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Depends on the school, I know some people got invites before getting verified. I do know that some schools send their secondaries right away after submission, so we don't have to wait to get verified to do those. But most schools won't review your app unless it's pharmcas verified

13. MissOconnor

2+ Year Member

@glencoco I already completed my supplemental to UOP so hopefully I'll get an invite :). Did you do any of your supplementals yet?

14. glencoco

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Nope, UofM's supplemental is a 2-4page essay and I've been trying to focus on studying for the pcat! (Taking it sept 16th). But other schools supplemental are pretty straightforward questions so that shouldn't be bad. Are you only applying to UofP? Is that where you're from?

15. MissOconnor

2+ Year Member

Im from socal but uop is my top choice I might apply to LLU as well. But I don't wanna waste a bunch of money applying to a lot of schools lol. What about you @glencoco

16. glencoco

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I'm applying to 7 schools! My stats aren't that great, and I really want to get in this year! @MissOconnor

17. MissOconnor

2+ Year Member