You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Fight the "POWER"
Started by TXPharm
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
What I don't understand is why everyone bitches and bitches and bitches, but nobody steps up to take care of this profession. I'm not one to talk but this is getting ridiculous. We're corporate bitches and it has to stop.
You're right. Most of us just want to jump on the retail "train" and ride it without putting in any effort. In reality, we need to be active actually "look" for jobs rather than want them to be handed to us.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Conspiracy theory is that POWER is a move to directly take over retail pharmacy without pharmacists physically needed in the stores. Lets see how much money Wags can pool up to pay off the politicians and lobbyist.
Conspiracy theory is that POWER is a move to directly take over retail pharmacy without pharmacists physically needed in the stores. Lets see how much money Wags can pool up to pay off the politicians and lobbyist.
Hopefully, when I graduate I will get to sit at home in my underwear and consult with the pharmacy via satellite while I simultaneously play World of Warcraft.
Hopefully, when I graduate I will get to sit at home in my underwear and consult with the pharmacy via satellite while I simultaneously play World of Warcraft.
I think if Walgreens gets its way w/ POWER and everything else, we would just be left sitting at home in our underwear...
If you can get a job. The number of pharmacists needed would decrease dramatically, and the number of schools graduating new students is still booming.
Wow...and people said I was crazy when I first came out with the POWER news...ple would ridicule me when I was only trying to spread a message...I have been talking to a pharmd friend of mine who works in the CPO...its sad to see how things have changed in the last year.
Hopefully, when I graduate I will get to sit at home in my underwear and consult with the pharmacy via satellite while I simultaneously play World of Warcraft.
My husband works at home (not pharmacy) and back when he used to play WoW, he had three computers on his desk. One was for work, one was for WoW, and the last one was for watching baseball games over the Internet. He used to work in his underwear before we had a child but now he at least puts on a pair of shorts. However, he worked salary so I'm not sure how well this would work if you are expected to get the work done at this very moment.
Wow...and people said I was crazy when I first came out with the POWER news...ple would ridicule me when I was only trying to spread a message...I have been talking to a pharmd friend of mine who works in the CPO...its sad to see how things have changed in the last year.
All right qwead I'll give you that. Score one point for qwead.
You were the first reporter of the profession killing program now known as Walgreens POWER.
Unfortunatly if the reports from the field are to be believed it is even worse than what you were saying a few months ago.
Wow, three threads in the top 10 on "POWER." This is getting as annoying as the saturation problem in retail. Why don't you guys stop bitching on the chat boards and go and do something? What a concept. Or, and this is my second favorite idea (actually probably tied for first) for most of you, just quit. School or the profession, for that matter.
Wow, three threads in the top 10 on "POWER." This is getting as annoying as the saturation problem in retail. Why don't you guys stop bitching on the chat boards and go and do something? What a concept. Or, and this is my second favorite idea (actually probably tied for first) for most of you, just quit. School or the profession, for that matter.
If you dont like it, ignore it... although this thread was quite useless
Where are Mikey and his Tyrannosaurus Rx pic when you need them?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How about we do something about it by writing a letter to our congressman, about how walgreens power is leading basically no pharmacist patient interaction. Or perhaps getting involved with state pharmacy associations?
Where are Mikey and his Tyrannosaurus Rx pic when you need them?
Where are Mikey and his Tyrannosaurus Rx pic when you need them?

Have you ever read the Daily Dinosaur?
http://www.qwantz.com/index.php
Wow, three threads in the top 10 on "POWER." This is getting as annoying as the saturation problem in retail. Why don't you guys stop bitching on the chat boards and go and do something? What a concept. Or, and this is my second favorite idea (actually probably tied for first) for most of you, just quit. School or the profession, for that matter.
You are so right residency god wanna be. I would much rather read a thread on weather I can wear nail polish in the pharmacy or what year I should get pregnant. Or any of the other 20 inane topics that see to recycle endlessly on here. Gosh how about some stimulating do the students homework kinetic questions...HOOOORAY!!!!!
TXPharm, it has been decided that your posting privilages are hear by suspended for 24 hours or untill you sober up. Put the tequilla down, back away from the keyboard, and sleep it off.
LOL. Maybe, TXPharm's younger sibling hijacked his/her computer. TXPharm sounds SO different from before... it's kinda scary.TXPharm, it has been decided that your posting privilages are hear by suspended for 24 hours or untill you sober up. Put the tequilla down, back away from the keyboard, and sleep it off.
This post is another internet attack of North Korea.
This post is another internet attack of North Korea.
TXPharm is a rogue agent of North Korea! I knew it!!!!
txpharm is a rogue agent of north korea! I knew it!!!!
당신의 지도자에 저를 데려가십시오!
Georgia pretty much all but bans central fill in their state.
My memory is a little constipated with schoolwork, but I'm pretty sure Ga law requires that there be an "personal interaction/relationship" between pharmacist and patient.
F**k you, Walgreens! Here's one state board you haven't infilitrated with your BS!
My memory is a little constipated with schoolwork, but I'm pretty sure Ga law requires that there be an "personal interaction/relationship" between pharmacist and patient.
F**k you, Walgreens! Here's one state board you haven't infilitrated with your BS!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 540