Filling a C2 Rx under 'suspicious circumstances'....?

Started by Apteka
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Apteka

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last week, guy A came to the pharmacy with 2 Rxs for Oxycontin BRAND NAME ONLY 80mg #120 each. Since they're on 2 separate RXs, I filled one RX but not the other (#120 is one month supply, why does he need 2 month supply at once?- he had no good reason for this and did not press the issue...) He paid CASH. (He has a history of paying CASH for #120 oxy80, he did it twice in April.)

Last night, guy B comes into the pharmacy with 1 Rx for Oxycontin, BRAND NAME 80mg, #200, (one month supply.)- SAME doc as last week, paying CASH. Hm. odd, but I thought it was a coincidence, so I filled it. (Keep in mind, this is $2400 of medication!) --- guy B comes to pick up his meds, and lo and behold, who's talking to him in line?? GUY A from last week, chatting away. What are the chances? Are they in a pain support group, perhaps?

A few hours later, guy C comes in, WITH A c2 script for the SAME MED.... SAME DOC.... PAYING CASH.

I read the 'Pain clinics and pharmacies' thread from a few weeks ago (thanks for all the intelligent input, y'all) but I wanted to know how you all felt about the situation.. I'm going to talk to my mgr about this today. I don't like being played for a fool, plus, I don't know what the legal implications are for this type of situation. In addition, for the 'pharmacy numbers', taking $2400 cash adds to our bottom line, which would please the suits working in corporate....

Your thoughts on this situation? gotta go to work.. I look forward to reading your responses!! thanks!
 
Last week, guy A came to the pharmacy with 2 Rxs for Oxycontin BRAND NAME ONLY 80mg #120 each. Since they're on 2 separate RXs, I filled one RX but not the other (#120 is one month supply, why does he need 2 month supply at once?- he had no good reason for this and did not press the issue...) He paid CASH. (He has a history of paying CASH for #120 oxy80, he did it twice in April.)

Last night, guy B comes into the pharmacy with 1 Rx for Oxycontin, BRAND NAME 80mg, #200, (one month supply.)- SAME doc as last week, paying CASH. Hm. odd, but I thought it was a coincidence, so I filled it. (Keep in mind, this is $2400 of medication!) --- guy B comes to pick up his meds, and lo and behold, who's talking to him in line?? GUY A from last week, chatting away. What are the chances? Are they in a pain support group, perhaps?

A few hours later, guy C comes in, WITH A c2 script for the SAME MED.... SAME DOC.... PAYING CASH.

I read the 'Pain clinics and pharmacies' thread from a few weeks ago (thanks for all the intelligent input, y'all) but I wanted to know how you all felt about the situation.. I'm going to talk to my mgr about this today. I don't like being played for a fool, plus, I don't know what the legal implications are for this type of situation. In addition, for the 'pharmacy numbers', taking $2400 cash adds to our bottom line, which would please the suits working in corporate....

Your thoughts on this situation? gotta go to work.. I look forward to reading your responses!! thanks!
i would have never given b his meds
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'd call to verify with the MD's office. I have a feeling this was after hours, in that case, I'd make a note, fill the script, and call in the AM.

If everything's legit, I wouldn't press the issue anymore. If there was a stolen pad or one of the scripts was fake...make the appropriate contacts and any future scripts from that MD need to be verified.

That's it...phone call max, we are not drug police.
 
Wow. Sounds super shady! I would definitely call the doctor to confirm, even if you've already filled all of the prescriptions. They should get a heads-up if someone is stealing prescription pads from them.
 
I've dealt with worse looking scripts. Call the MD's office, call the police. A pharmacist is allowed to use their discretion. You can tell the patient that you're out of stock. Please don't flood the black market for the sake of meeting the bottom line. I knew someone who died from overdosing at the age of 19. Plus, it makes the company look horrible if word-of-mouth spreads that it's easy to get certain drugs for cash at such-and-such pharmacy.
 
That's a common form of fraud that us Southern Californians are dealing with lately. Even tho they paid 2k for the med, they turn around and resell it for 7k on the streets. My pharmacy no longer dispenses 80mg oxycontin for scripts from outside the city (LA scripts are red flagged). We don't even bother calling the MD.

If you decide to call the MD, make sure you do NOT use the phone number on the script because they have fake office people to say it was authorized. Search your pharmacy database for the real MD's phone number. These are NOT stolen pads. They have figured out how to print authentic looking pads.

They always follow this pattern: Brand Oxycontin 80mg paid for in cash and they will ask for the California RX card discount program (if in CA). They also use a large variety of different people with little to no background in narcotic use (fake names perhaps?).
 
That's a common form of fraud that us Southern Californians are dealing with lately. Even tho they paid 2k for the med, they turn around and resell it for 7k on the streets. My pharmacy no longer dispenses 80mg oxycontin for scripts from outside the city (LA scripts are red flagged). We don't even bother calling the MD.

If you decide to call the MD, make sure you do NOT use the phone number on the script because they have fake office people to say it was authorized. Search your pharmacy database for the real MD's phone number. These are NOT stolen pads. They have figured out how to print authentic looking pads.

They always follow this pattern: Brand Oxycontin 80mg paid for in cash and they will ask for the California RX card discount program (if in CA). They also use a large variety of different people with little to no background in narcotic use (fake names perhaps?).

Yeah we red flagged all LA scripts (in OC). We searched the MD database and half the time there was a note within the address block that read "DO NOT FILL!!" Some bloke came in with an LA script for 4L of prometh/codeine. Yes, that's capital L for liters.
 
Yeah we red flagged all LA scripts (in OC). We searched the MD database and half the time there was a note within the address block that read "DO NOT FILL!!" Some bloke came in with an LA script for 4L of prometh/codeine. Yes, that's capital L for liters.

4 LITERS?! what did you do??
 
In most cases, these scripts are legit and come from the same clinic. What happens often times that pain clinic A becomes famous among drug addicts community for being easy on giving scripts. So, they would flood the clinics and get as many scripts as they want on monthly basis. Most of the customers however pay $100 for the office visit, $200-$2400 for the drugs and resell it again in the market with higher price. The so called patients usually come in groups and enter the pharmacy one by one and once you gave one, you would see them coming on different times. Here are couple of things you can do, as I start doing in the pharmacy I am working at

1. We ask them for IDs and accept addresses within 30 miles radius
2. Look for the essential components of the scripts with the diagnosis code 742.XX or the written diagnosis.
3. If they want to come on regular basis, tell them to provide you with initial documentations for their condition (MRI, Hospital discharge..etc)
4. Ask them if they are taking regular medications such BP, DM..etc and if they do, tell them, it is the pharmacy policy that they need to transfer their medications in to the pharmacy so, you can manage all their medications and check for their safety and in fact you are also protecting your pharmacy since the patients are not taking their pain medications from your pharmacy while taking the rest from other pharmacies.
5. In many occasions, I called the pain clinic close to where I work and advised the MD and RNs to include in writing other medications the patients are taking beside their pain medications if they wanted their medications to be dispensed by us.

Some of these rules are not really imposed by any board or DEA but for your own safety, it is better to protect your own back. At the first, they were a bit of resistance but they would eventually comply with these requirements.


Good Luck
 
In most cases, these scripts are legit and come from the same clinic. What happens often times that pain clinic A becomes famous among drug addicts community for being easy on giving scripts. So, they would flood the clinics and get as many scripts as they want on monthly basis. Most of the customers however pay $100 for the office visit, $200-$2400 for the drugs and resell it again in the market with higher price. The so called patients usually come in groups and enter the pharmacy one by one and once you gave one, you would see them coming on different times. Here are couple of things you can do, as I start doing in the pharmacy I am working at

1. We ask them for IDs and accept addresses within 30 miles radius
2. Look for the essential components of the scripts with the diagnosis code 742.XX or the written diagnosis.
3. If they want to come on regular basis, tell them to provide you with initial documentations for their condition (MRI, Hospital discharge..etc)
4. Ask them if they are taking regular medications such BP, DM..etc and if they do, tell them, it is the pharmacy policy that they need to transfer their medications in to the pharmacy so, you can manage all their medications and check for their safety and in fact you are also protecting your pharmacy since the patients are not taking their pain medications from your pharmacy while taking the rest from other pharmacies.
5. In many occasions, I called the pain clinic close to where I work and advised the MD and RNs to include in writing other medications the patients are taking beside their pain medications if they wanted their medications to be dispensed by us.

Some of these rules are not really imposed by any board or DEA but for your own safety, it is better to protect your own back. At the first, they were a bit of resistance but they would eventually comply with these requirements.


Good Luck
On average, how many scripts does your pharmacy dispense per day? 100 Rxs? 600 Rxs? Assuming 8am to 9pm?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hm.... so many good points....
thanks for your thoughtful input, everyone... Yeah, this MD in question is quite the shady one.... come to think of it, the c2 form itself is shady. (when xeroxed, the VOID does not appear very clearly.)

I agree,, I believe it is within my discretion (weird how the FIRST time i saw that RX i had this GUT feeling about how "off" it seemed, before I even learned it was cash only, brand only, exactly a month's supply of a few full bottles of Oxy 80 ER.

Going forward, that particular doc's on my 'i won't fill' list... prob is, i work in a high volume C2 pharmacy and we DO fill lots of C2s for our regulars (who are actually quite ill, home-bound and/or not rolling in with 24 hundred dollar bills.

4 LITERS of phenergan/codeine.... OMG.... :laugh:
 
We generally won't dispense Oxy or MS unless it is written by one of the Docs in our medical plaza. If someone calls for a stock check on a C2 we typically don't have it, especially if we don't have a record of them in our database. We have a lot of people on C2 because we have Pain Mgmt, psych, onc, as well as hospital discharges, etc within the medical plaza.
 
In most cases, these scripts are legit and come from the same clinic. What happens often times that pain clinic A becomes famous among drug addicts community for being easy on giving scripts. So, they would flood the clinics and get as many scripts as they want on monthly basis. Most of the customers however pay $100 for the office visit, $200-$2400 for the drugs and resell it again in the market with higher price. The so called patients usually come in groups and enter the pharmacy one by one and once you gave one, you would see them coming on different times.
That's true. Most of these Oxycontin being sold on the streets came from legitimate scripts written by doctors, not stolen script pads.

On a more philosophical note: I was at a party recently and was talking to a neighbour, an Indian man (like from India). He's been here since the 70s. Anyway, he feels there's something in N. American culture that's not giving people what they need, psychologically speaking, and that's why we've got all this rampant over-eating and drug abuse.

When I worked in retail, the Oxycontin people would meet up with their friends outside the phmy, selling the pills practically outside our door. When we'd phone drs to tell them, they'd say, if you've got legit concerns, call the police or you can't prove my patient is selling his meds.

I really don't get why drs get offended. If I were a doctor, I'd thank anybody who told me one of my pts was scamming. (Then again, if I were a doctor, I'd be like my doctor, who doesn't write prescriptions for opioids or benzos, no exceptions. It's nice, when I'm in the waiting room with my kids not to have to wait in the queue with all these drug seekers.)
 
That's true. Most of these Oxycontin being sold on the streets came from legitimate scripts written by doctors, not stolen script pads.

On a more philosophical note: I was at a party recently and was talking to a neighbour, an Indian man (like from India). He's been here since the 70s. Anyway, he feels there's something in N. American culture that's not giving people what they need, psychologically speaking, and that's why we've got all this rampant over-eating and drug abuse.

When I worked in retail, the Oxycontin people would meet up with their friends outside the phmy, selling the pills practically outside our door. When we'd phone drs to tell them, they'd say, if you've got legit concerns, call the police or you can't prove my patient is selling his meds.

I really don't get why drs get offended. If I were a doctor, I'd thank anybody who told me one of my pts was scamming. (Then again, if I were a doctor, I'd be like my doctor, who doesn't write prescriptions for opioids or benzos, no exceptions. It's nice, when I'm in the waiting room with my kids not to have to wait in the queue with all these drug seekers.)
Ooh defensive Dr. Perhaps the MD is getting a cut.
 
Ooh defensive Dr. Perhaps the MD is getting a cut.
Well......I didn't want to come out and say it.

Currently, pharmacy and medicine are self-regulating professions. If we don't clean up our act with respect to all this crap, though, we might have our governments come along and do it for us.
 
When working retail, I would always phone the physician if there was any doubt about a script. For Oxycontin 80mg, it's usually taken BID so a month supply would be 60 pills. I have occasionally seen it every 8 hours which would be 90 pills. Anything over 90 tablets, I would not fill it until I spoke with the physician.

Also, compare the phone number on the script with the phone number in your database. Many forged scripts have fake numbers that are being manned by people pretending to be nurses in the clinic.

If the person waits until the physician's office is closed to fill the script, then there's a good chance that it is not legit.

I've seen good forgeries. Photoshop makes it easy. I turned away a script one evening that was fake, because I had another one from the same MD the week before that I had checked on. Someone was selling fake scripts and these people were pissed off that I wouldn't fill it. I was in fear for my safety when this happened. It's one of the reasons why I left retail.
 
One of my new admits to the methadone program at the jail today is a fellow picked up for selling crack, who is on methadone 90mg daily, AND, from the same doc, Oxycontin 80mg bid.

Now, what is up with all these healthy young guys and their crippling back pain? Our doc can't find anything wrong with this guy, and he sure as hell isn't getting any Oxycontin from us.

We're always going to have scammers, but what really ***** me off are these legit scripts from docs who knowingly prescribe Oxycontin to addicts (or in this case, a drug dealer). What are they thinking??
 
What are they thinking??
bling1233607244.jpg
 
Glittery dollar sign 👍

I'd like to rant a little more before getting down to work, if that's ok.

Couple of years ago, my husband swerved on his bike to avoid hitting a toddler, and wiped out, fracturing his elbow. The ED doc didn't give him one single analgesic tablet, and he was up all night on the couch, his arm propped on pillows, in such agony he couldn't sleep.

Around the same time, one of my methadone clients, an addict of long standing, got beaten by another addict, and went to the same ED. He showed up at the pharmacy with a nice set of raccoon eyes and various cuts and scrapes (no broken bones), and a script for 40 MS Contin 10mg. WTF???
 
So today would be Day #3 *IF* these guys try to come in to our pharmacy (this has continued every Wednesday for the past 2 weeks.)
Dgroulx: The phone #s check out, and the name of the doc comes up as 'pain specialist' in google and on other sites (linkedin, etc.)
BUT... I think previous posters have TOTALLY made great points.. Fake Rx sheets, setting up addresses/fax numbers in his name... these are all quite easy things to do... UNLESS i can get a hold of the real doc and see his signature.
but even THEN, who knows, he might be in on the deal..

$80/tab oxycontin X 200= $16,000 on the street- $2400 cash price= QUITE the profit margin, huh.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So today would be Day #3 *IF* these guys try to come in to our pharmacy (this has continued every Wednesday for the past 2 weeks.)
Dgroulx: The phone #s check out, and the name of the doc comes up as 'pain specialist' in google and on other sites (linkedin, etc.)
BUT... I think previous posters have TOTALLY made great points.. Fake Rx sheets, setting up addresses/fax numbers in his name... these are all quite easy things to do... UNLESS i can get a hold of the real doc and see his signature.
but even THEN, who knows, he might be in on the deal..

$80/tab oxycontin X 200= $16,000 on the street- $2400 cash price= QUITE the profit margin, huh.

again, don't bend over backwards to investigate and vet out these pt's...you're not the DEA/drug police. if the phone #'s check out (corroborated by other directories) and you can reach the physician to verify, I would say you've done your due diligence.
 
Wouldn't you say that a pharmacist who strongly suspects illegal activity is professionally obligated to pursue it? If a script sets off your personal radar, odds are that somthing is wrong.

Hospital corollary: if I receive a written order from a cardiologist for metoprolol 25 mg iv q6h, should I process as written? I know the MD is a cardiologist, and the pager number on his order matches with what is listed in our references.....does that mean I've done my due diligence?

for hospital no, i'm talking about retail.

For retail, it goes like this. Suspect script comes in --> pharmacist verifies contact info with source outside (phone book, google, internal directory) --> contacts prescriber and verifies script to his/her satisfaction --> standard verify/fill procedures.

If you're still suspicious after all of that, fill the script and contact the DEA with your concerns. Don't pretend you're a federal agent or a cop, cuz you're not. You can't simply let emotion/your hunches/intuition dictate what you will fill or not. I'm a firm believer in treating suspicious controlled scripts with consistency...just because you feel "funny" after verifying doesn't mean you should initiate a grand inquisition.

So yes, a pharmacist is obligated to pursue it, but anything beyond confirming the contact info and speaking to the actual physician (confirmed) to verify/with dosage/diversion concerns is out of bounds. As long as you've "covered your ass" and went through the motions, the DEA isn't going to come get you. If you think your pt is dealing on the corner outside your pharmacy, call the police and get back to work.
 
for hospital no, i'm talking about retail.

For retail, it goes like this. Suspect script comes in --> pharmacist verifies contact info with source outside (phone book, google, internal directory) --> contacts prescriber and verifies script to his/her satisfaction --> standard verify/fill procedures.

If you're still suspicious after all of that, fill the script and contact the DEA with your concerns. Don't pretend you're a federal agent or a cop, cuz you're not. You can't simply let emotion/your hunches/intuition dictate what you will fill or not. I'm a firm believer in treating suspicious controlled scripts with consistency...just because you feel "funny" after verifying doesn't mean you should initiate a grand inquisition.

So yes, a pharmacist is obligated to pursue it, but anything beyond confirming the contact info and speaking to the actual physician (confirmed) to verify/with dosage/diversion concerns is out of bounds. As long as you've "covered your ass" and went through the motions, the DEA isn't going to come get you. If you think your pt is dealing on the corner outside your pharmacy, call the police and get back to work.

What you're saying is true. And even if you do report things to the DEA/police, Rx abusers only get a slap on the wrist. Police are more concerned with illegal substance dealing and abuse, not so much with legal substances attained and illegally distributed. I wonder if cops would think that Oxycontin curtails the sales of illegal substances and thus makes their jobs easier. Hmmm. Perhaps C2 abuse is better than C1 abuse...

I know some people lack intuition and think it's not accurate, but as an intuitive person, I find it to be rather accurate. Plus usually your gut starts warning you when you see things like the ridiculous distance the patient has traveled to fill the rx, or they're a new patient on highest pain meds (MD didn't start them lower?), they're paying cash for brand name, etc. Personally, I wouldn't fill anything if I thought they were going to redistribute it. Usually, the MD's know where the patient can get their Rx filled and those patients are directed to such and such pharmacy. So if a patient had no luck filling it at such and such pharmacy, I'm not filling it either. :d It's more than covering your ass from the DEA/Police, it's about your own personal conscience.
 
I know some people lack intuition and think it's not accurate, but as an intuitive person, I find it to be rather accurate. Plus usually your gut starts warning you when you see things like the ridiculous distance the patient has traveled to fill the rx, or they're a new patient on highest pain meds (MD didn't start them lower?), they're paying cash for brand name, etc. Personally, I wouldn't fill anything if I thought they were going to redistribute it. Usually, the MD's know where the patient can get their Rx filled and those patients are directed to such and such pharmacy. So if a patient had no luck filling it at such and such pharmacy, I'm not filling it either. :d It's more than covering your ass from the DEA/Police, it's about your own personal conscience.

Right, but if you apply the same technique to law enforcement and the legal system, it would utterly fail. Why? You don't issue warrants on "hunches" you have to have some sort of evidence. What happens is you end up like that TSA agent that detained some guy for having $4k on him. To him, $4k was a lot (his intuition said). I have friends that carry that much cash on them on a regular basis and it's no big deal.

Anyway, my point is...you can claim you have "good intuition" but the reality is you're not all-knowing. What's with this profession being scared of its own shadow? Set up a consistent method of screening suspicious C-2's and leave it at that...don't pass judgment because you think you're the police.

Just because someone pays cash and sees a pain doc 45 mins away doesn't make them criminal....it probably means they're self employed without insurance and commute.

Ugh, this is a serious issue...my old pharmacy was the C-2 capital of the district. I was at a local conference/meeting and a lot of the techs said "oh we don't touch C-2's...we send them to ####." I sat there and said...gee thanks, that's my pharmacy. With all these hoops and accusations we're throwing at pt's because of an abusing minority, I wonder how many actually give up and just live with the pain. That's the ultimate disservice IMO.
 
Right, but if you apply the same technique to law enforcement and the legal system, it would utterly fail. Why? You don't issue warrants on "hunches" you have to have some sort of evidence. What happens is you end up like that TSA agent that detained some guy for having $4k on him. To him, $4k was a lot (his intuition said). I have friends that carry that much cash on them on a regular basis and it's no big deal.

Anyway, my point is...you can claim you have "good intuition" but the reality is you're not all-knowing. What's with this profession being scared of its own shadow? Set up a consistent method of screening suspicious C-2's and leave it at that...don't pass judgment because you think you're the police.

Just because someone pays cash and sees a pain doc 45 mins away doesn't make them criminal....it probably means they're self employed without insurance and commute.


Ugh, this is a serious issue...my old pharmacy was the C-2 capital of the district. I was at a local conference/meeting and a lot of the techs said "oh we don't touch C-2's...we send them to ####." I sat there and said...gee thanks, that's my pharmacy. With all these hoops and accusations we're throwing at pt's because of an abusing minority, I wonder how many actually give up and just live with the pain. That's the ultimate disservice IMO.
Haha you just described someone I know. :d That same person, takes a lot of Ibuprofen and hates how the stronger meds make him feel. I don't know how a self-employed commuter would stand to take any drug that would make them drowsy.

But I understand your point. I think people who have strong consciences that will allow them to give people the benefit of the doubt and fill these prescriptions are awesome. That's why all pharmacists have the right to use their own discretion. 🙂

$$4K in cash? Who are your friends?? 😱 I don't even like carrying CC's with credit over $3K, but that's because I'm a petite Asian girl. Too easy to mug. 😛
 
Right, but if you apply the same technique to law enforcement and the legal system, it would utterly fail. Why? You don't issue warrants on "hunches" you have to have some sort of evidence. What happens is you end up like that TSA agent that detained some guy for having $4k on him. To him, $4k was a lot (his intuition said). I have friends that carry that much cash on them on a regular basis and it's no big deal.

Anyway, my point is...you can claim you have "good intuition" but the reality is you're not all-knowing. What's with this profession being scared of its own shadow? Set up a consistent method of screening suspicious C-2's and leave it at that...don't pass judgment because you think you're the police.

Just because someone pays cash and sees a pain doc 45 mins away doesn't make them criminal....it probably means they're self employed without insurance and commute.

Ugh, this is a serious issue...my old pharmacy was the C-2 capital of the district. I was at a local conference/meeting and a lot of the techs said "oh we don't touch C-2's...we send them to ####." I sat there and said...gee thanks, that's my pharmacy. With all these hoops and accusations we're throwing at pt's because of an abusing minority, I wonder how many actually give up and just live with the pain. That's the ultimate disservice IMO.

your friends who carry 4k in their wallet better not be ones in philly...

im pretty sure the law says it prohibits us from the indiscriminate dispensing of CII's. so yeah, even if u may end up filling a non-legit script once in a while, you are supposed to at first give the pt the benefit of the doubt. but if it does look really fishy, then yeah, we should call and verify the authenticity of the rx, but in no way would I call the police unless this is a recurring pattern
 
your friends who carry 4k in their wallet better not be ones in philly...

haha oh hell no...this is back in OC, they were all rich korean & chinese int'l students who paid their tuition in cash.

my mom gave me $2k before leaving for school for spending money and i refused to take it....i was like "are you CRAZY" and made her deposit it in my bank account instead, hahah.

Filthadelphia :lame:

That's another thing...I'm sure if you start refusing scripts here, you'll just get robbed/harassed/shot later. So, for the sake of self-preservation...fill it!
 
your friends who carry 4k in their wallet better not be ones in philly...

im pretty sure the law says it prohibits us from the indiscriminate dispensing of CII's. so yeah, even if u may end up filling a non-legit script once in a while, you are supposed to at first give the pt the benefit of the doubt. but if it does look really fishy, then yeah, we should call and verify the authenticity of the rx, but in no way would I call the police unless this is a recurring pattern

This is true. Patients are given the benefit of the doubt. This is exactly why sometimes, these guys don't get caught until the word gets around the pharmacy about so and so... Even then, it is imperative to catch the person in the act of the crime; with security, law enforcement, and many eye witnesses at hand.
 
haha oh hell no...this is back in OC, they were all rich korean & chinese int'l students who paid their tuition in cash.

my mom gave me $2k before leaving for school for spending money and i refused to take it....i was like "are you CRAZY" and made her deposit it in my bank account instead, hahah.

Filthadelphia :lame:

That's another thing...I'm sure if you start refusing scripts here, you'll just get robbed/harassed/shot later. So, for the sake of self-preservation...fill it!

pm sent
 
Gotcha, I was missing the step where you actually confirmed with the physician. If you have done that, only really suspicious situations would cause me to call the police etc...

Haha okay cool, glad we're on the same page. I thought I was speaking to another pharmacist afraid of his/her shadow 👍