Final rank lists

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

badgas

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So now that everyone's rank list is done, or should be done really damn soon, lets hear where everyone is wanting to go. Any prematches (other than ketafol that lucky SOB;) ) I'm still working on mine but will post later on.

Members don't see this ad.

I thought I had mine done but I'm making some last minute changes after some more thinking. Will post later tonight

When are rank lists due? I thought you had another week to finish them up.

Can someone answer this for me? I'm about to leave for Europe, and I won't have internet access for a few days....I was going to let London help me unwind before ranking.

Plane leaves 9 pm PST.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, it was a joke.

It's been dead around here!

Did the CRNA's win and everyone go to radiology?

Perish the thought!

Well, let's liven it up shall we. This was a thread about final rank lists. I suspect most people are waiting for the deadline to post due to paranoia, but I'll go ahead and post. I'm a Louisiana guy, and a Tulane boy at heart, so...

1. Tulane
2. Ochsner
3. Kentucky
4. Arkansas
5. LSU-Shreveport

Didn't get many interviews, but I hope/believe that I've done enough to get me what I want, and that's a spot in the city of New Orleans. C'MON TULANE!!!

Alright I'm in....maybe posting this will keep me from flip flopping again. All ranks after #1 are subject to change at any time before the deadline

1. Vanderbilt - C
2. Mayo-Scottsdale - A
3. UNC - A
4. Stanford - A
5. KU-Wichita - C
6. Arizona - A

So the wife and I had a long talk and it turns out she was scared that if we left town we'd delay kids again. I said no, let's churn em out and then she was like, "I'm totally ready to leave."

UNC fell simply b/c it has tougher optometry licensing requirements. Stanford, you rock, but you are so expensive. Vandy, I wish you had more vacation intern year, but I love ya...hopefully I'll be seeing more of you.

Good luck everyone!

Just trying to decide between UCLA, NW, and U. of Chicago. Thinking about putting UCLA over NW and U. of C because of weather..would you guys consider these programs as being on the same tier?

UCLA=NW>U of C. from what I hear. However, my personal list would be NW>U of C >>>>>>>>>UCLA because you couldn't pay me to live in LA.

UCLA=NW>U of C. from what I hear. However, my personal list would be NW>U of C >>>>>>>>>UCLA because you couldn't pay me to live in LA.

I hear UCLA >> NW > U of C. However my personal list would be UCLA >>>>> NW >> U of C. Mostly based on location. U of C in ghetto. UCLA in westwood!!! And Chicago is 0.1 F 5 months/yr.

Hey

Just checking. Once we have the green certified ROL then that's it right? Just want to make sure. Such a long process and wouldn't want to miss it by not checking the final box.

Thanks, good luck everybody.

Hey

Just checking. Once we have the green certified ROL then that's it right? Just want to make sure. Such a long process and wouldn't want to miss it by not checking the final box.

Thanks, good luck everybody.

Green means you are good to go! All the best everyone. I'm glad this process is finally over and no longer in our hands.

Members don't see this ad :)
tell em sex panther, these dudes need to man up and post their lists already. SDNers still think that PD's are scoping out this site at the zero hour.

i need 6pm to come so i'll stop stressing and rethinking my choices....

1. UCSF
2. Stanford
3. UCSD
4. UCLA
5. USC

and don't even get me started on prelim program ranking stress.

good luck everybody, March 15th needs to hurry along.

So now that everyone's rank list is done, or should be done really damn soon, lets hear where everyone is wanting to go. Any prematches (other than ketafol that lucky SOB;) ) I'm still working on mine but will post later on.

It was pretty nervewracking today because I got two warning emails from the NRMP that I had not yet submitted a ranklist. It is just so final, but I am very happy with where I will be going. Good luck yall.

1. Baylor
2. UT Houston
3. UC San Diego
4. UT MB Galveston
5. UCLA
6. U of Utah
7. Texas A&M
8. USC
9. UTSW Dallas
10. UT San Antonio
11. UC Irvine

Yeah, this has been very nerve wracking. I received a pre-match offer (I'm a DO) from Hopkins, but my wife told me there was no way in hell she'd live in Baltimore. It would have been nice to have this done 1 1/2 mos ago.

Speaking of being a DO, I had a funny experience at Stanford. I'm not sure if they've ever had a DO resident in their program but I got lucky and was granted an interview. I interviewed with an older gentleman from S. Africa (who was very cool).

He asked me point blank, "Why didn't you go to medical school?"

I tried to explain that I did and what my degree meant, that I had to have gone to med school to be applying to his program. I finally just gave up and asked him about Nelson Mandela or something like that.

Still makes me laugh to this day. Get those rank lists up, son!

couples matching - we have over 80 total combinations, so this is just what the order of programs is:

1. Hopkins
2. UAB
3. CWRU
4. Penn State
5. Iowa
6. UChicago
7. UMiami
8. Jefferson
9. Baylor
10. MCW
11. Rochester
12. Rush
13. UT-Houston
14. UTMB
15. Buffalo

thrilled at #1; #2 is a close second. agonized over the order of #3 and #4. would be pretty happy with my top 7.

After hours and hours of deliberation...here it is. Would be more than happy with my top 3. Would like to remain in the midwest.

1. Mayo (C)
2. Nebraska
3. Iowa
4. Mayo (A)
5. Maine
6. CCF
7. UPMC
8. Dartmouth
9. Penn State
10. MCW
11. Case Western

1. UNC
2. Vanderbilt
3. Penn State
4. Hopkins
5. UVA
6. Duke
7. Wake Forrest
8. Pitt

all categorical.

2-4 were a tossup. I let my boyfriend pick. ;)

Well, its official. Location played a big factor. My wife played a big part in the decision making... but if I had received a prematch offer, I would have had to take it! Good luck to all.

1. UW-Madison
2. UPitt
3. CaseUH
4. West Penn
5. WVU
6. MUSC
7. UMinn
8. SLU
9. URoch
10. MCW
11. U Illinois-chicago
12. U of Chicago
13. Maine

So, here it goes............It took at least a month to get this down.....I'll be thrilled at 1 or 2, very happy with 3 and 4 and after that.........I guess it doesn't matter.

1.UCSF
2.Stanford
3.UCLA
4.OHSU
5.Hopkins
6.Miami
7.Duke
8.MGH
9.UC Irvine
10.USC

Good luck to everyone out there...........can't wait till March 15

i guess I will contribute

1 CWRU UH
2 Penn St
3 Loyola
4 Iowa
5 Arizona
6 Utah
7 Tufts
8 VCU
9 oklahoma
10 SLU
11 UCONN

1. UNC
2. Duke
3. Kentucky
4. UVA
5. Pitt

I only ranked programs that had basketball teams in the top 25. Duke was in real trouble there, thank goodness they beat BC last week!

1. UNC
2. Duke
3. Kentucky
4. UVA
5. Pitt

I only ranked programs that had basketball teams in the top 25. Duke was in real trouble there, thank goodness they beat BC last week!

Nice :D ACC.

So how many people are going to have Nightmares tonight about checking their list and seeing that it's not certified? :D

1) Vandy
2) Case UH
3) Maine
4) U Maryland
5) UMKC
6) Mercy
7) Louisville

...The more I look at these lists, the more I wonder how we are selected for interviews...

I was fortunate enough to pre-match at the University of Michigan. Otherwise my list would have been:

2. UPitt
3. Ohio State
4. URochester
5. Case
6. Penn State
7. CCF
8. MetroHealth
9. West Penn
10. Buffalo
11. Henry Ford
12. Toledo
13. Wayne State

My wife said my CV picture was very "handsome."

:laugh:

A friend going EM did an away in Chicago. He said the residents at this particular program get together prior to ROL submission to review each candidate. A .ppt presentation is made for each candidate, including their pic on the projector. "Animal House" came to mind.

1. virginia mason-C
2. virginia mason-A
3. u. washington-A
4. ucsf
5. u. washington-C
6. ucla
7. ucd
8. mayo (mn)-A
9. usc
10. northwestern-A

UW told me that I would match there!:thumbup:
...but you can't beat the atmosphere at VM. :D

gl everyone!:luck:

I'll be happy anywhere on here except for #10.

1. Stanford
2. Davis
3. UCLA
4. MGH
5. USC
6. Irvine
7. Tulane
8. Ochsner
9. Loma Linda
10. Harbor

1- Univ. of Pennsylvania, 4 year
2- Univ. of Pennsylvania, 3 year (3 year program for all the rest too...)
3- Hopkins
4- MGH
5- NYP Columbia
6- Brigham & Women's
7- Yale
8- Pitt
9- Jefferson
10- UMiami
11- Stanford
12- Beth Israel Deaconess
13- UMDNJ-Cooper Hospital, Camden

--I hope I made the wisest choices, I practically stroked over making this list...I chose Penn #1 and #2 because I felt Gaiser and Fleisher were the strongest residency advocates and would do anything for their residents; also the Hopkins PD is stepping down, and at MGH the chair is stepping down which dropped them down on my list...anyone want to give me feedback??? I felt this was a logical choice, but what do I really know about this~? I'd like to hear your opinion :D ... thank you all, and best of luck!:luck:

-AW81 :thumbup:

i'm couples matching so i had to make some comprimises on my rank list, but if i were going solo, this is what my list would have been:

1.ucsd
2.ucla
3.mt sinai
4.columbia
5.nyu
6.usc
7.uci
8.loma linda
9.upenn
10.yale

1. kentucky
2. ut houston
3. penn state
4. arkansas
5. iowa
6. med. col. ga
7. umkc
8. kansas (wichita)
9. advocate (il)

any other fmg posts out there?

I'll be happy anywhere on here except for #10.

1. Stanford
2. Davis
3. UCLA
4. MGH
5. USC
6. Irvine
7. Tulane
8. Ochsner
9. Loma Linda
10. Harbor

Is Harbor really that bad? What did you prefer about USC and UCI over Loma Linda? Thanks!

Is Harbor really that bad? What did you prefer about USC and UCI over Loma Linda? Thanks!

Harbor was the only place I actively disliked. I just didn't vibe with the place, and the schedule is just too weird for me. Some may like it better though, especially those really interested in moonlighting (I'm not).

I actually really liked Loma Linda. Great program, friendly people, and close to Big Bear where I used to live and play. I would have ranked it higher but my fiancee decided she wouldn't really want to live out in Redlands/Loma Linda, and so I gotta respect that. I'd be more than happy to end up there though, I have nothing but great things to say about it.

USC>UCI just for location. I liked them both a lot. USC seems like an up-and-coming program, and UCI seems to have rebounded from its administrative issues, at least in my relatively uninformed opinion. Happy people at all of them (the ones I ran across anyway).

Just trying to decide between UCLA, NW, and U. of Chicago. Thinking about putting UCLA over NW and U. of C because of weather..would you guys consider these programs as being on the same tier?

so did you end up with cold or staying in the sun?:cool:

Harbor was the only place I actively disliked. I just didn't vibe with the place, and the schedule is just too weird for me. Some may like it better though, especially those really interested in moonlighting (I'm not).

I actually really liked Loma Linda. Great program, friendly people, and close to Big Bear where I used to live and play. I would have ranked it higher but my fiancee decided she wouldn't really want to live out in Redlands/Loma Linda, and so I gotta respect that. I'd be more than happy to end up there though, I have nothing but great things to say about it.

USC>UCI just for location. I liked them both a lot. USC seems like an up-and-coming program, and UCI seems to have rebounded from its administrative issues, at least in my relatively uninformed opinion. Happy people at all of them (the ones I ran across anyway).

Thanks Hawaiian Bruin for the reply. I have to agree with you about everything you said. I would have definitely ranked LL #1 if it weren't for location. But, I did put them very high and would love to go there nonetheless. Best of luck, however it seems to me that you won't need it. Myself, however...

1. UT-Houston (C)
2. UT-Houston (A)
3. UTSW
4. VCU
5. MUSC
6. CCF (C)
7. UCincy
8. CCF (A)

Would have ranked CCF much higher (1 or 2) but my wife hates ohio. i'd be happy anywhere on this list but hopefully i get houston so my wife can be with her family and raise our son (due March 29th) stress free.

Do I have alot of competition out there for UTH? Good luck everyone.

jp- congrats on your upcoming new arrival!

There won't be a time in your life when you will appreciate family more.