Final Stretch Tips?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doctadank

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Title. I'm taking the exam in a week and am still having trouble with understanding what some questions are asking, basically issues beyond content knowledge and with reading questions the "right" way. Any tips to get over this bump in the last week? Do I just need to do tons of practice? I'm also not doing too hot on timing, finishing on time but not enough time to check flags because I have to slow down a lot while reading some questions, especially in the c/p section. I'm starting to notice that this has slowly spread to all the sections however where sections I used to finish 30mins early I'm now using all the time because I have to reread questions and answers multiple times to be sure I understood them correctly

I am missing a little content knowledge in p/s and suck with more complicated chemistry reaction mechanisms (low yield?). I will be reviewing p/s but not sure if it's worth learning the ochem reaction mechanisms (aldol condensation, Michael addition, etc) and the like are to focus on. Advice appreciated

Members don't see this ad.