1. What do you find most helpful? Give us your feedback on the 2019 SDN Member Survey to help further the SDN mission (and win prizes!)
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Finally Click

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by FutureDoc4, Mar 15, 2007.

1. FutureDoc4

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I am taking the April 7th exam, and today I took KFL#2, and all my scores have been in the low 30's (30-34), but I took this test today and it was the first time I felt everything "come together" and i got a 35 (Verb 10, Phys 12, Bio 13). I'm very ecstatic. I was wondering if other people have this experience when things finally start to "click." Did you see a big score jump? Did that translate into your actual score?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. supernareg

supernareg Guest

Pre-Medical
    LOL i'll tell you about it when i take another kaplan full length.... 1st one was last week, and i got a freakin 17, FREAKIn 17!

caribbean, here i come :)

3. killinsound

Physician 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    that's awesome! congratulations

not to be a huge downer, but take another one and make sure your score stabalized.

regardless, i'm sure you will do fine.

4. w00tz

10+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Not to kill your hopes, but I think that the KFL #2 might be a bad test to gauge where you are at. 1) One of the passages was from the required homeworks. Extremely dumb on Kaplan's part. I don't know if you did it prior the the exam, but I did and that probably boosted my grade by 1-2 points in Verbal by knowing the answers and saving time for the other passages. 2) Somehow I managed a 9 point increase from by FL#1 (3 weeks apart), while only increasing 3 points from Diag-FL1 (5 weeks). Even with the repeat passage, that's a crazy jump. Overall, the passages seemed not as challenging. I don't know, maybe I'm selling myself short; I really hope we're both feeling the "click". But like killinsound said, take another test to make sure.

5. killinsound

Physician 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    haha, i had a 10 point increase between my first and my 2nd FL... maybe everything just clicked after i reviewed it, or maybe i just had a really bad first full length.

6. MedChic

MedChic Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I agree about the FL2 comment...I jumped on that test too and it definitely gave me a false sense of security as my most recent tests have been up to 5 points lower.

7. OP
    OP
    FutureDoc4

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I appreciate everyone being worried but I had just been on a downward trend for awhile ( maybe over working not to sure) and I finally felt like this bounced me back up. My diagnostic in Jan. was 23, and My scores went from KFL#6 34 ( I dunno why i took that first), AAMC #6 32, KFL #1 30 (I kept falling out of fatigue I think) and I took some time off and I came back and this felt really good. So, I am taking AAMC #7 (which I hear is very representative of the real) thing on Sunday, so hopefully that'll give me a clue. But again, thanks for your input, it definitely motivated me not to slack at all :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...