Finally Click

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FutureDoc4

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking the April 7th exam, and today I took KFL#2, and all my scores have been in the low 30's (30-34), but I took this test today and it was the first time I felt everything "come together" and i got a 35 (Verb 10, Phys 12, Bio 13). I'm very ecstatic. I was wondering if other people have this experience when things finally start to "click." Did you see a big score jump? Did that translate into your actual score?

Members don't see this ad.

LOL i'll tell you about it when i take another kaplan full length.... 1st one was last week, and i got a freakin 17, FREAKIn 17!

caribbean, here i come :)

Not to kill your hopes, but I think that the KFL #2 might be a bad test to gauge where you are at. 1) One of the passages was from the required homeworks. Extremely dumb on Kaplan's part. I don't know if you did it prior the the exam, but I did and that probably boosted my grade by 1-2 points in Verbal by knowing the answers and saving time for the other passages. 2) Somehow I managed a 9 point increase from by FL#1 (3 weeks apart), while only increasing 3 points from Diag-FL1 (5 weeks). Even with the repeat passage, that's a crazy jump. Overall, the passages seemed not as challenging. I don't know, maybe I'm selling myself short; I really hope we're both feeling the "click". But like killinsound said, take another test to make sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not to kill your hopes, but I think that the KFL #2 might be a bad test to gauge where you are at. 1) One of the passages was from the required homeworks. Extremely dumb on Kaplan's part. I don't know if you did it prior the the exam, but I did and that probably boosted my grade by 1-2 points in Verbal by knowing the answers and saving time for the other passages. 2) Somehow I managed a 9 point increase from by FL#1 (3 weeks apart), while only increasing 3 points from Diag-FL1 (5 weeks). Even with the repeat passage, that's a crazy jump. Overall, the passages seemed not as challenging. I don't know, maybe I'm selling myself short; I really hope we're both feeling the "click". But like killinsound said, take another test to make sure.

haha, i had a 10 point increase between my first and my 2nd FL... maybe everything just clicked after i reviewed it, or maybe i just had a really bad first full length.

I agree about the FL2 comment...I jumped on that test too and it definitely gave me a false sense of security as my most recent tests have been up to 5 points lower.

I appreciate everyone being worried but I had just been on a downward trend for awhile ( maybe over working not to sure) and I finally felt like this bounced me back up. My diagnostic in Jan. was 23, and My scores went from KFL#6 34 ( I dunno why i took that first), AAMC #6 32, KFL #1 30 (I kept falling out of fatigue I think) and I took some time off and I came back and this felt really good. So, I am taking AAMC #7 (which I hear is very representative of the real) thing on Sunday, so hopefully that'll give me a clue. But again, thanks for your input, it definitely motivated me not to slack at all :)