finally someone took a chance on me!

Started by teatime
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

teatime

UC Davis c/o 2015
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After being turned down by various vets just to get shadowing experience, I got a part time job as a vet assistant today! I got really lucky because the vet I spoke with is shortstaffed at the moment and decided to take a chance on me. I wasn't even expecting to get paid. 😳) I start next week. I just wanted to share the good news. I know nobody may care, but I'm just so excited!
 
That is so exciting, congratulations! I'm sure you'll have a great time working with them, have fun and work hard so they know they took a really good "chance". 👍
 
That's awesome! Go in and show 'em you're eager to learn and hardworking and I'm sure you'll get great experience!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congratulations! Pretty cool to get a paying job when you were looking to volunteer 🙂