• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Financial Aid Confusion

extremelyrealname

Jul 18, 2017
  1. Pre-Medical
    If my school is estimating an 8000 dollar family contribution and subsequently reduces my "financial aid eligibility" to $8000 lower than the total cost of attendance, does that limit how much loan money I can apply for? My family is not supporting me, but my school required their info and I had planned on applying for loans for the full cost of attendance

smukke

May 1, 2018
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      Don't supply it to them? I didn't. At my school the only time family income was required was for scholarships and I knew my family's income would make me ineligible anyways since almost all of them were need based.

Talk to your fin aid office.

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
      Lifetime Donor
      10+ Year Member
      Jul 26, 2009
      The Big Bad Apple
      1. Non-Student
        Don't supply it to them? I didn't. At my school the only time family income was required was for scholarships and I knew my family's income would make me ineligible anyways since almost all of them were need based.

Talk to your fin aid office.
        1) Some require family income to process any financial aid
        2) the family contribution doesnt take away from amount of loan you can request

Reactions: 1 user
        About the Ads
        This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.