Financial Aid deadline today?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Goldenhair

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I heard some rumours that financial aid application is due May 1st (a few hours left!) I haven't been offered any acceptances yet - still waiting for post-interview responses and am on some waitlists. It just seems strange to apply for aid before anyone accepts me. I also checked that the state financial aid deadline for New York is May 1st, but is there any state aid for us?
Please tell ASAP if there is such a deadline and if many of us should immediately fill out FAFSA!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Ummm...I think the deadline was March 1st.

i like where this is going.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you talking about filling out the FAFSA or a specific financial aid application form?

FAFSA can be done at any point. Each school has a specific date that lowers your priority. My school is march 26th this year, those that had the FAFSA in before then will get funding before people who turn it in after then, and if for some reason, they run out of funding before they get to everyone, then you are SOL.

Of course, keep in mind that this is based off of my personal experiences with schools only, and I don't know what the policies are everywhere.